A cruel tease

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

A cruel tease

Postby marblerye » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:02 pm

So, I'm at one of the local credit unions on Saturday morning looking for halves and dimes. The teller starts digging through her tray and places some halves on the counter. Amongst the clad crap I spot silver immediately, and it looks like a really old design. The teller puts the clad in one pile and says I can buy those. I ask about the other coin but she's definitely not parting ways with it. Turns out it was an 1836 capped bust half dollar. Apparently some lady had just come in that morning and dropped it off after going through her husband's drawer.

I left the bank with about $4 in clad halves and $100 in dimes. No silver for me.
marblerye

Re: A cruel tease

Postby dakota1955 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:05 pm

no silver for you and no candy for her
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:15 pm

The poor old bastard wasn't even dead yet!?

This one just pulls the most valuable thing she can find out of his drawer and gives it to the bank?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Morsecode » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Walgreens was probably having a sale on Metamucil and the dingbat needed another 50¢.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby marblerye » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:26 pm

The teller said the woman had asked her husband's permission and he was OK with spending it at face value. I couldn't believe it.

But why would the teller even bother showing me that coin in the first place if she wasn't going to sell it to me?
marblerye

Postby Thogey » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:34 pm

She had apparently succeeded in emasculating him. She wears his balls as earrings.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals