Bank bags from coin counting machine

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Bank bags from coin counting machine

Postby Tantalar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:39 pm

I opened a bank with Union Savings after getting fed up with Webster bank and their "not totally free anymore checking" Union is a smallish branch and they apparently take in customer coins and throw them into a sorter which puts them into bags to be sent off to wherever they go. I talked with the bank head teller lady (who is from my town and her kids grew up in my grade and my brother's grades) And she said that I could purchase the bags. They have dimes, quarters, pennies, nickels, and half dollar bags.

They also have tons of boxes of pennies. At other banks id have to custom order them, but this bank has tons of them at all times! Woot!! I have been doing a box a day after work, but id really love to see if anyone dumped any indians in at the bank so when the bag gets filled I will definitely be looking to buy it asap! Wouldn't this be the best way to get the highest quality coins as far as copper and wheats/indians?

I wouldn't bother CRH with dimes or quarters because I just cant imagine that there would be much at all out there but I figure that if I get a bag of quarters from the bank (its strictly a coin counter not a coinstar) then there would be a significantly higher silver content than rolls of quarters... I figure the same for dimes and definitely halves though! That being said, I plan to get pennies, dimes, quarters, and halves from the banks coin counting machine. Anyone found this to be a good method for harvesting silver?
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Bank bags from coin counting machine

Postby slickeast » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:50 pm

Silver from halves would be your best bet, then dimes and nickels. Silver quarters are the hardest to find.

I get bags of pennies every week. Easiest and quickest way to get them loose. I HATE opening rolls. I get my halves loose too. I order them. Highest count of silver in a half bag was 211 silver halves.

Keep us updated on what you find. Also find a GOOD dump bank to get rid of it when you are done.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:08 pm

get the bags.

most banks deposit the full bags with the Fed.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Tantalar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:26 pm

Ok you guys are getting me very excited now! I still plan to get the bag of quarters just to test the waters. Quarters at least are much easier to turn in when buying stuff for giving to a bank than halves because people actually want them lol
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Postby slickeast » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:38 pm

The vending machines like them. But $1000 in quarters is a lot of Twinkies and Mountain Dew.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:19 am

if you are doing pennies, get them in the bags. its a win for everyone. next get customer wrapped.

for silver, halves have the best percentages, then dimes. halves are large so you can go through them fast too.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals