Brand new Engelhard information website.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Brand new Engelhard information website.

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Hey everyone,

I would like to announce the opening of a brand new Engelhard website. www.allengelhard.com This website was founded and created by a few members from this site and BS, as well as a few members of the Engelhard community. The purpose of this site is to protect our fellow collectors as well as get real true information out there for people to learn. The website contains fake bar analysis, history, as well as type variety.

The fight against fraud/ fake bars is a fight that affects all of us. Not everyone collects the old pour engelhard but the majority of us stack some form of PM's. The more fraud/fake bars that are out there, in any form, prevent people from getting into the market and also hurts the new guys that do not know any better.

The site is still under construction and pieces are always being added, but the founders feel the urgency to get this information out in the open as soon as possible to protect the collectors. The fight against fraud is an everyday challenge that has to be combated. The founders urge everyone to join this battle and at least learn and pass along information learned.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Re: Brand new Engelhard information website.

Postby johnbrickner » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:41 pm

BRAVO and KUDOS to ALL those involved in the founding and creation. God Bless the grass roots organizers for they are the ones that make things happen.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Chaboo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:35 pm

:thumbup:
:clap:
Chaboo
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rosco » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:27 pm

:thumbup: Good move this is the action that supports wise collecting Thank you one an all :clap:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:05 am

I wish a site like that was available years ago, when I was a fresh, green newbie here on RC.

I posted 10oz Engelhard bars for sale at spot. They literally sold in minutes, the RC members were foaming at the mouth to snap them up.

Of course, I had no clue Engelhards command a premium, because I had bought them for less than spot the year before, off craigslist. I still have 5 of them, lol!
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:22 am

Well done, very interesting stuff. Minor nit. ASTM formerly stood for American Society for Testing and Materials but doesn't carry that same meaning any longer. The name was re-titled for a global audience a number of years ago to simply ASTM International (where ASTM is not intended to be expanded).

Another little know factoid about me - I'm a Fellow of ASTM, have rec'd a number of ASTM awards for technical contributions and service, spent the maximum allowed 6 years as a Committee Chairman, and remain a ASTM member and consultant. :) I did NOT serve on this particular committee and am NOT a chemist or materials scientist, but I do understand application of the ASTM standards quite well. :)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:19 am

68Camaro wrote:Another little know factoid about me - I'm a Fellow of ASTM, have rec'd a number of ASTM awards for technical contributions and service, spent the maximum allowed 6 years as a Committee Chairman, and remain a ASTM member and consultant. :) I did NOT serve on this particular committee and am NOT a chemist or materials scientist, but I do understand application of the ASTM standards quite well. :)

:clap: :thumbup:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Double3 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:32 am

Nice pictures.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby everything » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:59 pm

I see a 50 engelhard for sale on the bay . also over on BS and it looks unique, looks like the one for sale is an earlier variety of the Canadian manufacturer.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby dae2dae » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:47 am

appreciate all of your guys hard work putting that site together.
dae2dae
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals