Thank you JPM!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Thank you JPM!

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:01 am

It has been said here before (maybe even echoed by myself - I've certainly thought it if not said it) but in tallying up things to be thankful for (many things) I'm especially thankful to JP Morgan and the forces feeding their futures positions (whether self-motived or on behalf of a large client). They have allowed me nearly two years of additional PM accumulation at near or below mining prices, allowing me to acquire substantially more than I otherwise would have.

The sale is still on, but it cannot continue forever. The supply will eventually fail demand and real price discovery will come, removing it from the hands of JPM.

Going forward, no whining will be allowed on RC from those that talk about buying but never find a low enough price to actually buy. Certainly if you couldn't buy now you won't buy at $25 or $29 or $33 or $36 and especially not at $40 or $50 for that would be madness. :)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Thank you JPM!

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:21 am

68Camaro wrote:It has been said here before (maybe even echoed by myself - I've certainly thought it if not said it) but in tallying up things to be thankful for (many things) I'm especially thankful to JP Morgan and the forces feeding their futures positions (whether self-motived or on behalf of a large client). They have allowed me nearly two years of additional PM accumulation at near or below mining prices, allowing me to acquire substantially more than I otherwise would have.

The sale is still on, but it cannot continue forever. The supply will eventually fail demand and real price discovery will come, removing it from the hands of JPM.

Going forward, no whining will be allowed on RC from those that talk about buying but never find a low enough price to actually buy. Certainly if you couldn't buy now you won't buy at $25 or $29 or $33 or $36 and especially not at $40 or $50 for that would be madness. :)

I'm not about to buy at $100... you watch, it will pull back to $80 :sick: :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:25 am

Just less than three year ago.4/24/2011

QUICK LOOK $3000 FV WILL GET YOU A 100K !!!!!!!!
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:42 am

And right now $100K will get you about $6250 face. That's the sale that's on.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:49 am

henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:04 pm

I also want to thank JPM for the market volatility they helped create which. as with 68camaro, helped me add to my silver stacking as well. Buy on the dips and sell on the peaks--over and over again. :thumbup:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:13 pm

They will be on my Xmas card list if they can get it to $10/ oz.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:20 pm

If the price goes to 10/oz....then I'm backing up my car! :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:26 pm

When it gets to $10 there will be people waiting for $5
68Camaro

Postby JerrySpringer » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:37 pm

68Camaro wrote:When it gets to $10 there will be people waiting for $5

If the markets are a central screw-tinizer as much as I think they will be, then that drop to $5 will take many years and multiple descending flat periods to get to. In other words, cause capitulation slowly but surely for silver bugs. That is one of my fears about holding silver under the impression that it is in demand. This demand might be artificial. But still, what the heck, you'd spend $10 on two sandwiches at McDonald's nowadays. There is a point where putting discretionary income into silver becomes clearly a better choice than buying stuff.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby slickeast » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:42 pm

When it gets to $5 I'll hold out for $1.75 silver. But even then I'd be cautious.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby pennypicker » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:31 pm

slickeast wrote:

When it gets to $5 I'll hold out for $1.75 silver. But even then I'd be cautious.

I still remember when I bought silver at $5 and was later mad at myself when it fell below $4 which was a 20% drop. I still have that silver and I of course am no longer mad at myself. 8-)
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby paymehigher » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Dear JP Morgan,
Thank you for the great deals that I have been getting. I was wondering if it would be possible for you to have a 75% off sale next week. Thank you again for you great sales promotions!! I am excited for what is next...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
paymehigher
Penny Pincher Member

Postby silverstacker » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:49 pm

JerrySpringer wrote:They will be on my Xmas card list if they can get it to $10/ oz.

I doubt we will ever see $10 again or single digits for that matter ever again. However, if we do there will be long lines at my LCS and cracshing servers at the online silver stores.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby baggerman » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:11 am

I have bought as low as $4 and as high as $38 and regret none of it. I buy SOMETHING every month (sometimes only an ounce or two). I just keep telling myself that the same crooks are in DC doing the same crooked things that got me to stacking in the 1st place and I am absolutely sure of one thing, they will not change their ways. That means our debt will continue to rise and the purchasing power of our dollar will continue to fall so I continue to stack.
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals