My Sister the Bank Teller!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

My Sister the Bank Teller!

Postby DuckTales253 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:54 am

For a few years, my sister was a manager at the local movie theater, which allowed me to see the latest films free of charge. It was a pretty sweet gig. However, the odd hours there started to wear on her, and she started looking around for something else. To my delight, she is now working as a bank teller!

I have always thought it would be fun to work at a bank, especially with a knowledge of numismatics and bullion. Of course, the reality of low wages and required telemarketing, along with who knows what kind of underhanded tactics they employ kept me away. But she seems to like it so far. Now I am trying to educate her on what to look for. Right now she saves for me almost any half dollars and large dollar coins. In just a few months, she has already found three 90% halves for me! Interesting variety, too: a Walking Liberty, a Franklin, and a 1964 Kennedy.

It is a Pennsylvania-based bank that stretches into Maryland and New Jersey. I used to have an account there but closed it up due to poor service at one of their branches (this was in my pre-sorting days). I may open a new account to earn her a referral bonus and to have another option for picking up rolls.
Attachments
foundhalves.jpg
foundhalves.jpg (76.97 KiB) Viewed 672 times
"No man is poor who can do what he likes to do once in a while!" - Scrooge McDuck
DuckTales253
Penny Pincher Member

Re: My Sister the Bank Teller!

Postby Morsecode » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:20 am

You have any sisters in Connecticut?

:wave:
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:36 am

The Walker is in better condition than the other two! :thumbup: :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:12 pm

Morsecode wrote:You have any sisters in Connecticut?

:wave:

Or perhaps a half-sister in ILLINOIS???!! :lol:

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Ricky » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:12 pm

Massachusetts?? Got any sisters here?! :lol: :mrgreen:
Ricky

Postby natsb88 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:20 pm

DuckTales253 wrote:It is a Pennsylvania-based bank that stretches into Maryland and New Jersey.

Kinda sounds like Susquehanna ;)
natsb88

Postby tedandcam » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:25 am

Would you consider a trade? I have a loud-mouthed, over emotional sister that looks like Mimi from the Drew Carey show. She is a hard worker and dedicated to family. I'd accept your sister for sure and would consider the 3 halves if a sister for sister trade might cause too much strife between you an your parents. PM me with your response :lol:
tedandcam
Penny Collector Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:37 pm

I've thought about becoming a bank teller, just so that I would have access to some serious coinage!

Nice finds! :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals