Ebay scores are still out there.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Ebay scores are still out there.

Postby paymehigher » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:48 pm

I did not buy this. But it was one good deal, read the description.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-Barber-Hal ... 485ff1e1e8

Keep hunting.....
paymehigher
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Ebay scores are still out there.

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:03 pm

ouch...

I bet he uses "silver" in the title next time :)
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:48 pm

it was only a good deal because only one person found it. Had there been two bidders it would have gone for much closer to melt.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Verbane » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:10 am

This was a Buy it Now not an auction. Seller fluffed up his listings... 13 totals listings BIN for 99 cents each, including a 1834 capped bust :shock:

His completed sales:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/piotrus1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:19 am

Verbane wrote:This was a Buy it Now not an auction. Seller fluffed up his listings... 13 totals listings BIN for 99 cents each, including a 1834 capped bust :shock:

His completed sales:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/piotrus1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

probably let an assistant put the listings in.... WOW! That cost him some money! :sick:

Maybe Thogey's widow works for him? :shifty: :lol:
beauanderos

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:12 am

It was a No Reserve Auction.
Dave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Verbane » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:38 am

Dave wrote:It was a No Reserve Auction.

He may have stated that in the description, but he did not list it as "no reserve". He listed it as a Buy It Now.
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby CardsNCoins » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:33 pm

I'd be very surprised if he hasn't already emailed the winner(s) and told them that due to an error in the listing he wont be honoring any of those winning bids. With that said, he may end up with a few negatives when all is said and done.
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:42 pm

CardsNCoins wrote:I'd be very surprised if he hasn't already emailed the winner(s) and told them that due to an error in the listing he wont be honoring any of those winning bids. With that said, he may end up with a few negatives when all is said and done.

I was thinking the same thing. Might be better off just to suck it up and give that stuff away, to maintain his 100%. Glad it's him and not us. I think if the buyer's had any integrity they would let the guy slide... anyone can make a mistake, in his case it should have been obvious to all. :roll: that said, had I stumbled across all those listings I would have instantly snapped them all up myself :lol:
beauanderos

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:19 pm

If they were smart... it should have been the same person buying ALL of those items!!! I know that if I find a deal (below spot), I immediately look at all the items they are selling to see if I can find another deal.....

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Zincanator » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:27 pm

beauanderos wrote:Might be better off just to suck it up and give that stuff away, to maintain his 100%.

Given that negatives only count against your percentage score for one year, may be better to take any negative feedbacks over taking that huge loss. You can always add your own comment to negative feedback to explain to others that it was a posting error. Then buy a bunch of $0.01 BIN auctions to get a enough positives to push the negatives off the first feedback page.
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Thogey » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:28 pm

You would have to be a real dick to leave negative feedback as a buyer, if the seller asked to cancel and relist the item.
But I know they [the dicks] are out there.
The guy obviously made a mistake, I would have allowed him to cancel.
What goes around comes around

edited for grammer :oops:
Last edited by Thogey on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:50 pm

If I was the buyer/winner... and he really did come to me stating it was a mistake....I would maybe negotiate for a Spot sale or something. Even at SPot that would be a good deal and the seller doesn't loose his A$$

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Zincanator » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:15 am

Thogey wrote: But I know they [the dicks] are out there.

Man you got that right. I've butted heads with so many rude, ignorant, outright liars on FeeBay in the last couple of years that I stay away from it if at all possible, especially for selling since most of their rules are remarkably biased toward the buyer now. I've been a member since 1999... and used to sell like crazy, hitting thrift stores and yard sales, digging around in the garage for stuff to post. But not any more. Ain't nobody got time for dat. :D
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Postby baggerman » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:33 am

CLINT-THE-GREAT wrote:If I was the buyer/winner... and he really did come to me stating it was a mistake....I would maybe negotiate for a Spot sale or something. Even at SPot that would be a good deal and the seller doesn't loose his A$$

-The Great

I have done this a few times where the seller made a mistake and I have also said no harm no foul and did not leave neg feedback, things happen.
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby silverstacker » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:58 pm

Last evening I signed on to ebay and just missed 10 silvertowne bars go at auction for $190 with free shipping. Of course I just missed it.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:30 pm

the way to catch deals on ebay is to know the max price you are willing to pay for any particular item... and then search "silver." You'll get about 4 or 5 million hits, and they scroll by with hundreds of listings expiring every minute.
You have to scroll by all the jewelry items, all the silver-colored things, and just click on the coins. Maybe go three minutes out so you have time to read and decide. There are a lot of poorly worded listings that get few bids because
they are essentially hidden.
beauanderos

Postby Engineer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:06 pm

beauanderos wrote:the way to catch deals on ebay is to know the max price you are willing to pay for any particular item... and then search "silver." You'll get about 4 or 5 million hits, and they scroll by with hundreds of listings expiring every minute.
You have to scroll by all the jewelry items, all the silver-colored things, and just click on the coins. Maybe go three minutes out so you have time to read and decide. There are a lot of poorly worded listings that get few bids because

+1

You can get a better deal on a "trailor" than a trailer...and "silvor" sells for a discount to silver.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:37 pm

beauanderos wrote:the way to catch deals on ebay is to know the max price you are willing to pay for any particular item... and then search "silver." You'll get about 4 or 5 million hits, and they scroll by with hundreds of listings expiring every minute.

I end up searching under "silver bullion" . I first look at ending soonest and then I go right to buy-it-now/ newly listed to see if I can take advantage right away from a newly posted deal. I have scored a handful times this way . I will try your way as I can see that incorrect wording could lead to deals. Great idea.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals