Silver numismatics collection

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver numismatics collection

Postby Tantalar » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:53 pm

I got interested in collecting silver coins as a part of hoarding silver 90% for my bullion holdings. I have been purchasing on EBAY and have come across several different years and mintmarks. I got the folders for every type of coin except halves and dollars. I have been filling them in. My question to you guys is though, is there really a point to this at all? I mean once peak silver comes I am going to sell these things. In fact even if peak silver doesnt come before I sell them I am still going to sell them. None of the coins I have found have numismatic value that exceeds their silver value, and with the price of silver climbing higher and higher, wouldnt it be logical to just purchase the coins for their numismatic value when silver finally goes down in $$ after we fix everything in this country? I do think they are beautiful and id love to have a complete set of every coin but right now I am thinking just to keep things more organized perhaps it would make more sense to just keep them all together. What are your thoughts about this? I keep hoping to find some BU/rares that someone is selling just for their silver content. I may have found some very slight semi key dates but nothing amazing yet.
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Silver numismatics collection

Postby Market Harmony » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:06 pm

This is one member's insight on the path that you are currently traveling:

"Confessions of a Whitman Bingo Addict" - http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1337&p=9917#p9917
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals