Silver prices dropping

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver prices dropping

Postby panther » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Why? How far down do you guys think it will go? How long before it hits 30+ again? Today is looking like 5 days straight of dropping silver prices. WTF :(

(yes, noob)
panther
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Silver prices dropping

Postby Corsair » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Why so disappointed about silver prices dropping? Now is a great time to pick up. I'm sure you could snag some 90% on the forums for less than 20x. That's not too bad.

Also, welcome to Realcent.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Think long term... Who cares what happens in a few days. If you've got the CASH (use your money not borrowed money), do some incremental buying as it corrects to lower levels periodically. Remember, SILVER is volitile, and can easily go down 20% at any time. :)
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby TXBullion » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:34 pm

I think its hilarious how any investment people make, they want it to go up in value and get concerned when it starts to drop. All these guys who own a lot would get excited if it crashed to 10$ so they could "back the truck up". I used to be concerned with drops but I guess the lower the better?! Never really caught that but I think I may slowly be entering that club...

Like the one guy said in those cartoon videos "I hope silver drops to 1$ so I can buy a pool of maples"
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:55 pm

TXBullion wrote:I think its hilarious how any investment people make, they want it to go up in value and get concerned when it starts to drop. All these guys who own a lot would get excited if it crashed to 10$ so they could "back the truck up". I used to be concerned with drops but I guess the lower the better?! Never really caught that but I think I may slowly be entering that club...

Like the one guy said in those cartoon videos "I hope silver drops to 1$ so I can buy a pool of maples"

Hell yea!

I hate these high prices
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby panther » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:43 am

ya but considering i have almost every penny i have sunk into silver right now, I need it to go up a bit or at least maintain so that I can sell it when it arrives. but yeah if it dropped id love to buy more too.. once i sell what i have while its high.
panther
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Rosco » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:06 am

Your not Stacking if your going to sell any :? Buy more an forget price :idea:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Tantalar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:35 am

considering stock market was closed monday for the US, and on sunday the president of China openly states that he has no faith in the US dollar and that it is on its way out... if this doesn't sound an alarm for everyone in the US to buy silver and gold I don't know what will. I would imagine that Today (tuesday) prices would shoot up to 30+ if anyone in the US cares about their future in this country
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Country » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:30 am

PMs up smartly this morning. :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:00 am

Tantalar wrote:considering stock market was closed monday for the US, and on sunday the president of China openly states that he has no faith in the US dollar and that it is on its way out... if this doesn't sound an alarm for everyone in the US to buy silver and gold I don't know what will. I would imagine that Today (tuesday) prices would shoot up to 30+ if anyone in the US cares about their future in this country

Couldnt agree more. The dollar is loseing, hedge yourself while you can.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:38 am

I was buying silver a year ago when the price was in the teens and I am still buying today when the price is $30.00. I hope it does pull back to $20.00 I will buy even more.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:46 pm

NDFarmer wrote:I was buying silver a year ago when the price was in the teens and I am still buying today when the price is $30.00. I hope it does pull back to $20.00 I will buy even more.

I'm with you on that one NDFarmer....Sooner rather than later we all will wish we had a boat load more silver... :P
Copper Catcher

Postby jasmatk » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:23 pm

Im glad it is down it gives me a chance to buy at a lower price. Im in it for the long haul so I could care less up a couple down a couple.enjoy the buying chance while you can its going to be high enough soon enough
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:08 pm

I could be 100% wrong but it looks like a pop higher in silver is now imminent
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:I could be 100% wrong but it looks like a pop higher in silver is now imminent

any insight as far as percentages jff? Won't hold you to it :D
TXBullion

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:47 pm

TXBullion wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:I could be 100% wrong but it looks like a pop higher in silver is now imminent

any insight as far as percentages jff? Won't hold you to it :D

Wish I could throw some probabilities out there but someone else might hold me to it and of course that is not a good thing since this is not advice nor solicitation for trading. I'm just happy to share what I see. Right now various factors are aligning for a break higher. Maybe I'll be 100% wrong of course. :ugeek:
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Tantalar » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Amazing how silver shot straight up to $29.50 and then all of a sudden just fell off a cliff! I really thought we were going to see it boom. I'm considering throwing down some more $ for silver while its under $29. I guess I might as well get it while its still "cheap"
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Tantalar wrote:Amazing how silver shot straight up to $29.50 and then all of a sudden just fell off a cliff! I really thought we were going to see it boom. I'm considering throwing down some more $ for silver while its under $29. I guess I might as well get it while its still "cheap"

can you say manipulation? Who are they kidding? The position limits aren't going to stop the banksters, only above ground complete silver depletion.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:31 pm

It looks like another surge higher is about to commence yet again. Perhaps this time it will be more of a one way street and stick higher.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:51 am

TIMBERRRRRRR!!!!

as the idiots on yahoo stock Message boards often say.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:14 am

Here we go... roller coaster ride.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby involuntary tentacle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:23 am

ag can move up or down, im still getting it.

up, and my procurement slows down

down, and i can get more.

sure, ag can hit $20 if they allow it to. but has anyone thought that no one might not want to sell it at that price?
my LCS has stated that if au drops below $1300, they will stop selling it. i wonder if anyone else will have the same attitude towards ag.
just something for the people who plan on BACKING THE TRUCK UP to think about.
involuntary tentacle
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:07 am

involuntary tentacle wrote:ag can move up or down, im still getting it.

up, and my procurement slows down

down, and i can get more.

sure, ag can hit $20 if they allow it to. but has anyone thought that no one might not want to sell it at that price?
my LCS has stated that if au drops below $1300, they will stop selling it. i wonder if anyone else will have the same attitude towards ag.
just something for the people who plan on BACKING THE TRUCK UP to think about.

Some will limit sells......but product will be there.

ASEs must meet investor demand ;)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Buy signal at 27.45
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:31 pm

Long at 27.45. I think this is where it might stick for a nice rally higher. Let's see...
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals