Gold & Silver Rush?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gold & Silver Rush?

Postby Silverfondler » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:38 am

With the current upswing in Gold and Silver is it possible that we could see a Gold and Silver rush by the common folk (aka the Masses)? Which would in turn force the price even higher than expected for the current price cycle?

Just a thought.
Silverfondler
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Gold & Silver Rush?

Postby wheeler_dealer » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:02 am

IMO. Common folks may move into pm's a little. Many who understand the market fluctuations may be gun shy ( I am) with fresh memories of the price crush from $48. down to current levels. I have read many articles of How JP Morgan has taken a strong physical position in silver . Now the manipulators can free up the price. I think big money is behind the upswing because Yellen is just like her boss and inflation is coming to America.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:39 am

I think very few of the common masses can afford silver and gold. An upswing will occur, but the effect will be more due to the one percent beginning to convert their asset bases
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby CardsNCoins » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:44 am

beauanderos wrote:I think very few of the common masses can afford silver and gold. An upswing will occur, but the effect will be more due to the one percent beginning to convert their asset bases

Maybe it's too early in the morning, but I first read those last 4 words as cover their bare asses. :lol:
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rastatodd » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:31 am

CardsNCoins wrote:
beauanderos wrote:I think very few of the common masses can afford silver and gold. An upswing will occur, but the effect will be more due to the one percent beginning to convert their asset bases

Maybe it's too early in the morning, but I first read those last 4 words as cover their bare asses.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Double3 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:58 am

That doesn't happen till it gets to $1700 & $40/oz
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby Silverfondler » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:07 pm

Double3 wrote:That doesn't happen till it gets to $1700 & $40/oz

What makes you say/think that?
Silverfondler
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Gamecock » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:19 pm

If they didn't get in with $1900/$49 a couple years ago, then I don't see why they would get in now.
"When a government overvalues one type of money and undervalues another, the undervalued money will leave the country or disappear from circulation into hoards, while the overvalued money will flood into circulation."
Gamecock
Penny Pincher Member

Postby thedrifter » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Gamecock wrote:If they didn't get in with $1900/$49 a couple years ago, then I don't see why they would get in now.

Exactly. Why would they?
thedrifter
Penny Collector Member

Postby silverflake » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:15 pm

The public always comes in late in any market. Smart money first, then momentum players (and on a bigger scale, institutional investors) then the sheep. They (I have too) always get left holding the bag. Now, I am not viewing silver and gold as an investment to be ridden up and sold off (and I don't think a lot of us are), but as the price gets into the stratosphere, the difference will be availability. Even if they want to buy it will it be there for them?

Of course we have a long ride to go. Keep stacking while you can.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby thesilvertiger » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:29 pm

CardsNCoins wrote:

Maybe it's too early in the morning, but I first read those last 4 words as cover their bare asses. :lol:

Eventually you will be exactly right because paper will not cover those bare asses.
thesilvertiger
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Double3 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:46 am

Silverfondler wrote:
Double3 wrote:That doesn't happen till it gets to $1700 & $40/oz

What makes you say/think that?

Cause it was reported in the news back then.

Obviously some tried to jump in then.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby everything » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:48 pm

Gold rush started a couple years back, your in it. Check history, many have occurred before. This one is really no different, you got governments stacking, banks stacking, and gold is as popular as it ever was with the people? Silver, it stacks nicely too, just need more space is all. Gold & silver ETF's, major expansion over the last few years. No surprises, uptrend or bet it downtrend, it's not going to happen overnight.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals