Provident Metals comes through again.....

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Provident Metals comes through again.....

Postby pennypicker » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:18 am

Having read some negative posts recently regarding Tulving and JM Bullion, I thought it would be a nice change of pace to give kudos to well known bullion dealer Provident Metals out of Dallas, Texas who has come though for me time and time again.

For example last Friday I placed an on-line order of twenty 1 oz JM silver bars. I sent a postal money order that same day. On Monday I received an email saying they had received payment. On Tuesday another email saying the package had been shipped and they included the tracking #. Friday my order arrived very well packaged and with signature confirmation.

Features I like best about Provident:

$5.95 shipping on orders under $500
They send all orders over $50 via signature confirmation
They treat Postal Money orders the same as bank wires or credit cards and give them immediate shipping status.
Great email communication and excellent packaging
They don't list items as "in stock" when they don't really have them like other companies do.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Provident Metals comes through again.....

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:59 am

Feel free to post dealer reviews over on the Dealer Directory too. That area doesn't get much traffic yet but I am working to get the bugs out and make it more visible.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby NDFarmer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:28 pm

I am also very happy with the service I have received from Provident Metals. I bought several times from them over the last year and always had very good communication, and fast shipping. And if they don't have a certain coin they show that it is out of stock and don't make any promises about shipping you a coin that is out of stock.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby alpacafarmer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:06 pm

I have had good experience with Provident also in the past. My current order is the slowest I have ever had from them. Got a confirmed payment e-mail from them on the 11th and they still have not shipped?
alpacafarmer
Penny Collector Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:34 pm

I must be one of the only bad stories. I ordered almost $500 worth from them, paid by CC, 3 weeks later they still hadn't shipped it. I called and they said they were waiting for a couple items to come in...meaning that they didnt have in stock what I ordered. I got my Silver 5 weeks from the time I ordered it.

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NDFarmer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:49 pm

I guess I am pretty easy to please as far as how fast they ship the silver. I only buy and stack so if it does take 3 weeks to get it to me it doesn't matter to me. I can see though if the market took a big jump and you wanted to turn it for a quick profit then you wouldn't want to be waiting 3 weeks.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals