The U.S. Plans To Bail-In The Banks – Federal Reserve Vice C

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

The U.S. Plans To Bail-In The Banks – Federal Reserve Vice C

Postby aloneibreak » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:54 pm

another step...

http://www.blacklistednews.com/The_U.S. ... 8/Y/M.html

from the article...

In a speech yesterday, in Stockholn Sweden, Vice Chairman of the Federal Reserve and former governor of the Bank of Israel and former chief economist at the World Bank, Stanley Fisher noted:

“As part of this approach, the United States is preparing a proposal to require systemically important banks to issue bail-inable long-term debt that will enable insolvent banks to recapitalize themselves in resolution without calling on government funding–this cushion is known as a “gone concern” buffer.”

Mr. Fisher gave no details as to whom in the United States was preparing the bail-in proposal and what “bailinable long term debt” is.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Re: The U.S. Plans To Bail-In The Banks – Federal Reserve Vi

Postby beauanderos » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:42 am

aloneibreak wrote:another step...

http://www.blacklistednews.com/The_U.S. ... 8/Y/M.html

from the article...

In a speech yesterday, in Stockholn Sweden, Vice Chairman of the Federal Reserve and former governor of the Bank of Israel and former chief economist at the World Bank, Stanley Fisher noted:

“As part of this approach, the United States is preparing a proposal to require systemically important banks to issue bail-inable long-term debt that will enable insolvent banks to recapitalize themselves in resolution without calling on government funding–this cushion is known as a “gone concern” buffer.”

Mr. Fisher gave no details as to whom in the United States was preparing the bail-in proposal and what “bailinable long term debt” is.

If you still keep funds in US banks... you are foolishly naive. :sick: You know what they've always said about the stock market? "Only invest what you can afford to lose?" That now applies, in spades,
to keeping money in TBTF banks.... checking accts, savings accts, CD's, etc. Get out of the system NOW.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:56 am

Ditto Ray's admonition, though there will almost certainly be a threshold below which people will not have funds taken.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby coppernickel » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:20 pm

I like the idea of getting out of the banks, but that means no checks, no debit/credit cards, no pay checks. I can't afford to live unemployed with no ability pay for life, just yet.

Currently no one is willing to trade with money, they would rather cash, credit, or electronic.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:42 pm

coppernickel wrote:I like the idea of getting out of the banks, but that means no checks, no debit/credit cards, no pay checks. I can't afford to live unemployed with no ability pay for life, just yet.

Currently no one is willing to trade with money, they would rather cash, credit, or electronic.

just try to minimize your exposure. For instance, I have unlimited money orders/cashier's checks available to me from Union Bank (much sounder bank than those with huge derivatives exposure) for only an extra dollar a month.
I've mostly quit selling real money (silver, gold) but if I choose to do so in the future, I'm considering only accepting cash or money orders. If you accept a personal check from anyone, through no fault of their own, and a collapse occurs before
you could deposit and withdraw funds... you may have no recourse to getting compensated for the silver or gold which you sent to them based on their good reputation gained via feedback or previous dealings. Such a collapse (bail-in's) is likely
much closer to realization than most can imagine. :?

This is an instance where it's better to be a year early ... than a day late :sick:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby coppernickel » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:56 pm

One of the bail-in plans is to let people use debit cards, but if you want cash they will give you "shares" instead. These "shares" both show you own the banks debt, and are transferable, at some future time for cash.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:12 pm

What would you propose to those who have retirement accounts and 401k type stuff? Especially those, like myself, who cannot touch such funds until employment termination or resignation.
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions