Whats gold and oil doing? current events? Buying ?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Whats gold and oil doing? current events? Buying ?

Postby coppertop1982 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:15 am

Been watching gold and oil drop , and then I hear all this war terrorist stuff going on , is this creating people to sell in fear? Thinking of making a huge buy if it hits under$19, whats every one else thinking of the market?
coppertop1982
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Whats gold and oil doing? current events? Buying ?

Postby aloneibreak » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:35 pm

some of it is just late summer trading - always seems to be kind of slow

my advice ?

dont save to make a huge buy

buy a bit at a time at regular intervals

when the big increase happens, you may not be able to find anything available...

:thumbup:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Dollar Cost Average your purchases starting yesterday
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby InfleXion » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:59 pm

Generally people buy out of fear more often than sell. The price typically drops when people are happy with all that's going on in the world, and don't feel much need to have alternative currency. When global instability shakes peoples' faith in the establishment it usually amounts to higher prices (see Libya 2011).

Of course there are those of us with positions who will sell out of fear of the price dropping, but there are far more people who don't have a position than those that do.

Personally I feel things are primed for higher prices. However, these markets are driven more by computer programs than anything else. Market sentiment doesn't mean a whole lot to price these days.

If you plan to buy for the longhaul, and are comfortable riding out the waves until the exit point of your choosing, then jump in. The water's fine :thumbup:
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals