Zeal Report on Gold Stocks

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Zeal Report on Gold Stocks

Postby beauanderos » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:11 pm

http://zealllc.com/2014/gsmnewup.htm

ok... so this guy is generally pretty good. Took a small profit from closing a DSLV position and moved half into NUGT, and the other half into JNUG.

C'mon, Gold... rally now, alright? :shifty: :clap: :thumbup: :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Zeal Report on Gold Stocks

Postby beauanderos » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:22 pm

And the game of "Steal the Bacon" continues. Bought two positions on Monday, sold today after an 11% run-up. Placed orders to buy both back
(more shares) if they drop 5%. :shifty:
beauanderos

Postby Chief » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:15 am

I'm a complete novice when it comes to paper, but you can "semi- day trade" and make money with trading paper?
We both stack physical, but I'm afraid of messing with the paper bologna.

That raises the question, when something is funky is it typed bologna or baloney? :?
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:39 am

Chief wrote:I'm a complete novice when it comes to paper, but you can "semi- day trade" and make money with trading paper?
We both stack physical, but I'm afraid of messing with the paper bologna.

That raises the question, when something is funky is it typed bologna or baloney? :?

I still (although I emptied all accts two years ago) contribute to my 401k at work... just the minimum six percent which they will match up to half. If it weren't for the
match I wouldn't do it. This is in a self-directed acct, so I play around with the little bit of money that adds up in there. I am fearless with those funds since they could
get grabbed anyway. The problem with trading paper (and the delay associated with withdrawing it... if you did score a home run) is that let's say you hit a ten-bagger
and pulled the funds? What are you going to spend it on? The run-up in physical that would allow you to make a killing playing leveraged ETF's within a 401K would mean
that physical in the real world had grown scarce. Still, not a rationalization NOT to try it, but simply a shortcoming of the practicality of doing it. There's an upside and
downside to everything. The long term (one to two year) plan is to build up the acct, and then take out a five year loan on it and buy more physical, or drain the acct
again and do the same.

baloney :lol:

also, and this can prove an important point... when trading within a self-directed acct you have to wait three days for trades to "clear."
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:43 am

and on this waterfall gold plunge my orders triggered. I now have two more shares of NUGT than last time, and five more shares of JNUG. Will place limit orders to sell on a ten percent rise, and when/if that happens will place limit orders to buy after a five percent decrease. I expect both of these plays to advance steadily, but it won't be in a straight line... and might as well piggyback off the manipulations that are ongoing. We're entering a seasonally strong time of the year for gold. :thumbup:
beauanderos

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:42 pm

beauanderos wrote:and on this waterfall gold plunge my orders triggered. I now have two more shares of NUGT than last time, and five more shares of JNUG. Will place limit orders to sell on a ten percent rise, and when/if that happens will place limit orders to buy after a five percent decrease. I expect both of these plays to advance steadily, but it won't be in a straight line... and might as well piggyback off the manipulations that are ongoing. We're entering a seasonally strong time of the year for gold. :thumbup:

Be careful about the 30 day wash sale rule, which is quite complicated and basically dictates that you can't take more than two losses on the same stock in 30 days. For a more detailed analysis, chech with your broker or tax pro.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

NOTE: ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- often
substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) and selling short as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby beauanderos » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:
beauanderos wrote:and on this waterfall gold plunge my orders triggered. I now have two more shares of NUGT than last time, and five more shares of JNUG. Will place limit orders to sell on a ten percent rise, and when/if that happens will place limit orders to buy after a five percent decrease. I expect both of these plays to advance steadily, but it won't be in a straight line... and might as well piggyback off the manipulations that are ongoing. We're entering a seasonally strong time of the year for gold. :thumbup:

Be careful about the 30 day wash sale rule, which is quite complicated and basically dictates that you can't take more than two losses on the same stock in 30 days. For a more detailed analysis, chech with your broker or tax pro.

That doesn't apply within a self-directed 401K. Not taking losses on these... if they turn sour for awhile I just ride it out. Sometimes it's quick (three or four days in and out)... other times it can take months. :sick:
beauanderos

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals