Long Term Indicator Flashing a BUY Signal

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Long Term Indicator Flashing a BUY Signal

Postby silverflake » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:20 am

We have been waiting (and hopefully stacking) for a long while now. Saw this in one of a handful of daily newsletters I read. Read it, act on it, don't act on it, whatever. Certainly sounds like a low risk, high reward time to get in on silver. Check out the link.

Stack! Stack now!

http://www.growthstockwire.com/3850/don ... lver-today
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Long Term Indicator Flashing a BUY Signal

Postby silverstacker » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:35 am

I like what I hear. Hopefully the graphs are current and his method for the MACD is accurate. I'm trying to keep up with these low prices and buy the shiny stuff.

Thanks for sharing!
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:12 pm

I'm burned out by all the rah-rah enthusiasm of the newsletter writers. The bullion banks can paint the tapes any way they want,
rendering technical analysis useless. Consider the end game... the longer silver trends sideways to down... or tries to rise and
gets bitch-slapped... the more people will grow discouraged. Weak hands will loosen their grip on silver (while the strong hands
continue to stealthily accumulate, unfazed by the price-suppression schemes). Miners will shutter unprofitable operations if they
can't even recoup their costs, higher grade ore veins will be mined out and production dwindle. At whatever point in time silver
does explode, it will do so with an even greater vengeance than anticipated by those now, simply because the suppression lends
kinetic energy to the force of the rebound. For all I care, prices can remain where they are for another three or four years... while I happily
continue to convert every spare dollar into real money. :shifty:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:54 pm

The buy signal for me is continuing high unemployment (no matter the official numbers), 18 trillion in direct debt and growing plus untold more in future obligations, continuing bric central bank acquisition of gold, several new or pending wars (Syria, ISIL, Ukraine - to name three), continuing expansion of a US form of socio-fascism based on an imperial presidency, continuing Fed intervention in markets and interest rates, and a new real estate bubble building and due to burst within next 6-24 months. The world economy is worse now than 2007-8.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:49 pm

68Camaro wrote:The buy signal for me is continuing high unemployment (no matter the official numbers), 18 trillion in direct debt and growing plus untold more in future obligations, continuing bric central bank acquisition of gold, several new or pending wars (Syria, ISIL, Ukraine - to name three), continuing expansion of a US form of socio-fascism based on an imperial presidency, continuing Fed intervention in markets and interest rates, and a new real estate bubble building and due to burst within next 6-24 months. The world economy is worse now than 2007-8.

so... then... you're saying you can't really put your finger on anything? It's more just like a gut feeling? :lol:
beauanderos

Postby baggerman » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:16 pm

68Camaro wrote:The buy signal for me is continuing high unemployment (no matter the official numbers), 18 trillion in direct debt and growing plus untold more in future obligations, continuing bric central bank acquisition of gold, several new or pending wars (Syria, ISIL, Ukraine - to name three), continuing expansion of a US form of socio-fascism based on an imperial presidency, continuing Fed intervention in markets and interest rates, and a new real estate bubble building and due to burst within next 6-24 months. The world economy is worse now than 2007-8.

Yep nothing has changed or is going to change until this crash so I stack something every month and will continue to do so. I have bought at $4 and at $38 and don't plan on quitting any time soon.
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:41 pm

Yes. Must add more shiny to the stack..... :thumbup:

I hope the price continues to stay low. I wish I had even more fiat to play with!
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:03 pm

beauanderos wrote:
68Camaro wrote:The buy signal for me is ...

so... then... you're saying you can't really put your finger on anything? It's more just like a gut feeling? :lol:

Yep, just a gut feeling :lol:
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Engineer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:24 pm

All of that.

Does anybody want to buy a house cheap? I'll let it go for $1600
face value pre-33 gold eagles
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:17 pm

beauanderos wrote:I'm burned out by all the rah-rah enthusiasm of the newsletter writers. The bullion banks can paint the tapes any way they want, rendering technical analysis useless. Consider the end game... the longer silver trends sideways to down... or tries to rise and gets bitch-slapped... the more people will grow discouraged. Weak hands will loosen their grip on silver (while the strong hands
continue to stealthily accumulate, unfazed by the price-suppression schemes). Miners will shutter unprofitable operations if they can't even recoup their costs, higher grade ore veins will be mined out and production dwindle. At whatever point in time silver does explode, it will do so with an even greater vengeance than anticipated by those now, simply because the suppression lends kinetic energy to the force of the rebound. For all I care, prices can remain where they are for another three or four years... while I happily continue to convert every spare dollar into real money. :shifty:

Well put.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

NOTE: ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- often
substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) and selling short as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Treetop » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:08 pm

+1. As well as the fact, rather then facing these issues, we ignore them, which by my math makes a major correction basically inevitable. Additionally we have growing numbers who do not think making sure they have food is THEIR problem, it is the governments, or society or the rich etc, with a government that is arming itself to the teeth. I see no way this ends well.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:09 pm

Well, in case anyone doesn't know my position on this, I was buying silver before this 'signal' flashed, I will buy it after this signal has flashed.

And, oh yeah, if the price goes up I WILL BUY MORE SILVER. But if the price goes down I WILL BUY MORE SILVER.

It's kind of easy.

I do like sharing this info as it comes available.

Keep stacking gang!!!!!!!
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fansubs_ca » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:53 am

Engineer wrote:Does anybody want to buy a house cheap? I'll let it go for $1600

...face value pre-33 gold eagles

Does math...

Ironically that's still noticably less than houses in my neighborhood go for.

Unfortunately:

1) It's still more Gold than I have.
2) Your state is not convenient to the possible tenants I'd want to rent it out to. ^_-
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Engineer » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:16 am

fansubs_ca wrote:
Engineer wrote:Does anybody want to buy a house cheap? I'll let it go for $1600

...face value pre-33 gold eagles

Does math...

Ironically that's still noticably less than houses in my neighborhood go for.

Unfortunately:

1) It's still more Gold than I have.
2) Your state is not convenient to the possible tenants I'd want to rent it out to. ^_-

If you don't have the gold, I could let you have it for free. ;)
As is. Includes free wife. No returns accepted.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:20 am

Does she have any gold fillings?
beauanderos

Postby silverflake » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:06 am

No spare cash around to buy any physical silver right now so bought some PSLV in my Roth today. I know it's a 'paper' instrument but it's about as close to physical as you can get without being physical. Eric Sprott seems to have a good grasp of the situation in the world. The good thing about PSLV is there are no options available on it so less speculation, no counterparty risk (well, I guess there always is with a paper instrument). We'll see.

Keep stacking (physical preferably).
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fansubs_ca » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:55 am

Engineer wrote:If you don't have the gold, I could let you have it for free. ;)

As is. Includes free wife. No returns accepted.

Now that I definately can't afford! $_$

If you've also seen me post on Kitco you'll know I perfer to stay...

Living in the loopholes...
...as a "free person of male gender"
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby silverstacker » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:04 pm

Should be interesting what the president says tonight. Backtracking I'm sure.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals