Wife says: "BUY SILVER"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Wife says: "BUY SILVER"

Postby Z00 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:16 pm

It's about 1 PM central time.
I show my wife the Kitco silver chart.

First words out of her mouth: "Holy S#@$%!"
Second words: "Buy Silver"

Gotta love this woman!
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Wife says: "BUY SILVER"

Postby storm drifter » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:56 pm

Thats great, it does not happen often at my house.

SD
storm drifter

Postby mrrosado » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:36 pm

our favorite metal is at a discount! I can't wait to use my ebay credit to buy some silver.
I like collecting Gold and Silver. I prefer the Silver stuff. God Bless You.

My website: http://www.fatherrosado.com
follow me on Twitter:https://twitter.com/FatherRosadoNY
mrrosado
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:51 pm

In my house, its "I bought silver" and my wife rolls her eyes. (but she accepts it) :D
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby rexmerdinus » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:07 pm

If mine said those words, I'd be on my knees praying, because I'd know the apocalypse was nigh.
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby stlouiscoin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Oh Sh!t is right! We broke the $18.00 barrier!
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby silverstacker » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:00 pm

hold on to that woman for dear life :)
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:04 pm

wish mine would..... mine wants money in the bank... savings account...
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby johnbrickner » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:19 am

She's a keeper. Bonafide.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Mine said the same thing when it first went under 20. Hopefully I wont get banned, lol, but I was the one who said no this time. We have some other things to fund around the homestead before that. Id better go grab all the still needed commem silver proof sets I collect for my kids while silver is low though.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:04 pm

See now if you were never married, you wouldn't need to ask her if you are allowed to buy it.

If it's money that YOU earned, you should be able to do what you want with it.

Your mistake was signing that marriage contract, which is really just a financial arrangement. It has nothing to do with love.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Wives serve as a valuable counterbalance in ensuring we don't forget to buy food and pay the bills etc. :)

I wish mine would say that now and again though :P she normally just rolls her eyes and complains that I've spent all the money again... To which I counter that I have saved it. I wish that we're true recently. Amazingly it has been better to keep cash in the sock drawer compared to PM's for a long time now.

Mathematically we must be nearing the bottom...it's not like there is another $33 to lose on the spot price :P

So I need to keep buying just to offset some of the prior paper losses and keep cost averaging in. As a result I suppose my final stack size will be larger that what it otherwise have been. So if it does a moonshot it will feel like hitting the jackpot :)

Now just to figure out a way to keep he wife happy while I drain our paper money for more and more metal....
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:44 pm

TwoPenniesEarned wrote:Mathematically we must be nearing the bottom...it's not like there is another $33 to lose on the spot price :P

This made me laugh out loud :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Morsecode » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:29 pm

Yep, that kind of calculating wisdom is refreshing :thumbup:
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby fansubs_ca » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:27 am

TwoPenniesEarned wrote:Wives serve as a valuable counterbalance in ensuring we don't forget to buy food and pay the bills etc. :)

Your memory must be really bad then! I don't forget to buy food and pay the
bills and I'm a single guy that usually jokes that I have "Ronald Reagan memory". ;)
(In reference to his famous "I forget" during the Iran/Contra hearings...not his
later years...)
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Engineer » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:23 am

fansubs_ca wrote:
TwoPenniesEarned wrote:Wives serve as a valuable counterbalance in ensuring we don't forget to buy food and pay the bills etc. :)

Your memory must be really bad then! I don't forget to buy food and pay the
bills and I'm a single guy that usually jokes that I have "Ronald Reagan memory". ;)
(In reference to his famous "I forget" during the Iran/Contra hearings...not his
later years...)

As a married guy, I'll say that the only logical reason for marriage is to ensure the welfare of the children. One that's done, i haven't found a logical reason for it to endure another 3-4 decades.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:45 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:See now if you were never married, you wouldn't need to ask her if you are allowed to buy it.

If it's money that YOU earned, you should be able to do what you want with it.

Your mistake was signing that marriage contract, which is really just a financial arrangement. It has nothing to do with love.

Hmmmm. I'm going to break a rule here. The rule is: Do not tell anyone about The Red Pill.

See: http://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/ Begin ingestion by reading all the content and links on the right hand sidebar.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:42 am

I feel sorry for all you guys who dont love your wives. (or have one you like) I know some of you are joking but I dont think all of you are. For those people, it isnt worth it, get a divorce and find someone you like or get a dog and some houseplants.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:30 pm

Treetop wrote:I feel sorry for all you guys who dont love your wives. (or have one you like) I know some of you are joking but I dont think all of you are. For those people, it isnt worth it, get a divorce and find someone you like or get a dog and some houseplants.

A marriage license is the equivalent of a 401k. It comes with some tax advantages, but huge penalties if you ever want out.

Love is treating the person well enough that they'll WANT to stay together, rather than having the union enforced by the state.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby rexmerdinus » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:44 pm

Truth! When mine is out of town it's a lucky thing if I remember to wear pants!
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Treetop » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:27 pm

Engineer wrote:
Treetop wrote:I feel sorry for all you guys who dont love your wives. (or have one you like) I know some of you are joking but I dont think all of you are. For those people, it isnt worth it, get a divorce and find someone you like or get a dog and some houseplants.

A marriage license is the equivalent of a 401k. It comes with some tax advantages, but huge penalties if you ever want out.

Love is treating the person well enough that they'll WANT to stay together, rather than having the union enforced by the state.

Sure but irrelevant to me. If you got married because of tax benefits get a divorce. If you are married and stay with the person because of taxes, get a divorce. Or not to each his or her own. Life is way to short for any of that noise.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:49 pm

You don't have to be "in love" to stay married. Love is a decision, not a feeling.
Marriage is a commitment.
Where does it say you are supposed to enjoy it?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Engineer » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:52 pm

Thogey wrote:You don't have to be "in love" to stay married. Love is a decision, not a feeling.

Thonged hit the nail on the head. I honor my commitments, even if they were stupid to make in the first place.

Marriage changes women, and not always for the better. I still love the girl I married, even if the woman she grew into resembles a DMV clerk more than a great business partner.

If she wasn't guaranteed half the fruits of my labor, watching her sit on her ass while I strive to get ahead wouldn't bother me so much.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby rexmerdinus » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:49 am

Engineer wrote:
Thogey wrote:You don't have to be "in love" to stay married. Love is a decision, not a feeling.

Thonged hit the nail on the head. I honor my commitments, even if they were stupid to make in the first place.

Marriage changes women, and not always for the better. I still love the girl I married, even if the woman she grew into resembles a DMV clerk more than a great business partner.

If she wasn't guaranteed half the fruits of my labor, watching her sit on her ass while I strive to get ahead wouldn't bother me so much.

It changes us menfolk too.
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby AGgressive Metal » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:59 pm

You never know what kind of conversation you are going to wander into on a Realcent silver thread.

I don't believe in divorce, which is why I'm not married yet! Don't say "til death do us part" if you really only mean, "til we get tired of each others crap". :P
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals