Piggy Banks

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Piggy Banks

Postby silverstacker » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:20 pm

I was caught going through my kids piggy banks for 90%. I felt like an alcoholic getting busted drinking vodka in the closet.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Piggy Banks

Postby MatthewsTech » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:39 pm

Earlier today i asked my wife if i could cash in my kids piggy bank and buy him silver instead. She doesnt understand the Metalz market at all and thinks im a little crazy but she said it was ok, lol. I figure with no need to cash it in for 10 years it w9uld be hard to go wrong at the current prices.
1% Cash Back on Bullion from Ebay @ ebates: http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=EmU8DkL62%2BPQi2w8e28nMQ%3D%3D&eeid=26471 (referral link)

Plus earn even more at most online retailers.
MatthewsTech
Penny Pincher Member

Postby hobo finds » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:23 pm

I saw a family dumping a piggy bank into a coinstar today, I hope the kid gets the cash...
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby knibloe » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:33 am

I am 45 I have a piggy bank that my sister made at ceramics class and gave to me when I was about 6 years old. I use it to store my odd silver finds (anything except halves). I went through it the other day and had about 20 oz of loose silver in there. :D
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby 93_Confirmed » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:09 am

MatthewsTech wrote:Earlier today i asked my wife if i could cash in my kids piggy bank and buy him silver instead. She doesnt understand the Metalz market at all and thinks im a little crazy but she said it was ok, lol. I figure with no need to cash it in for 10 years it w9uld be hard to go wrong at the current prices.

Same here. My wife doesn't understand either and it's a slow process to get her onboard. I have a 6-month old and want to start a monthly stack for her now and all the way to her 18th b-day.
"When you place an order at NWT, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey". - natsb88
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Postby Gobirds66 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:49 pm

93_Confirmed wrote: Same here. My wife doesn't understand either and it's a slow process to get her onboard. I have a 6-month old and want to start a monthly stack for her now and all the way to her 18th b-day.

I do this for my niece and nephew. Each get an ASE a month until they turn 18. My other goal is at 18, I want to give each a 100oz. bar. I should save up now and buy it low since they have 17 and 10 years to go respectively and who knows what the price will be in a decade. Knowing my luck, I will buy it today and in 2024 it will be $10 toz.

Giving the kids an ounce a month is a great way to get them interested. Each month the 7 yr old gets to hold it, and put it in his special coin place. As he gets older, it will create a bond and he will start to learn about such things that my parents never taught me. It just opens the doors for so many other conversations. I expect my niece to follow the same path one day when she is old enough.
If they give you lined paper, write the other way....
Gobirds66
Penny Sorter Member

Postby hobo finds » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:29 pm

You need a Piggy Bank. What you do not need is a fee to cash it in! A penny saved is a penny earned less 10% or more! :thumbdown:
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rastatodd » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:55 am

knibloe wrote:I am 45 I have a piggy bank that my sister made at ceramics class and gave to me when I was about 6 years old. I use it to store my odd silver finds (anything except halves). I went through it the other day and had about 20 oz of loose silver in there. :D

A savings account at a bank has compounding interest, you had a compounding silver account right on your dresser. :D
Congrats.
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals