Quality Reads

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Quality Reads

Postby silverstacker » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:49 am

I wanted to see if there were any suggestions for quality books on either the turmoil thats before us or a book on PM's that any of you could recommend.

I just completed " the death of money" and "one second after" which were great books. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Quality Reads

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:10 am

Here is one that is hard to find on the internet...

How J.P. Morgan Manipulates and Controls the Gold and Silver Market (& Why that Makes Silver the Opportunity of a Lifetime)
by Theodore Butler

The book is 117 pages and easy to read. Keep in mind that when Ted Butler says opportunity of a lifetime, he isn't making any bold proclamation that silver is going up in the next year or two.

One way you can get a free copy is to call Investment Rarities out of Minneapolis. 800-328-1860. You may have to act like you are interested in buying silver or gold to get a free copy, but that shouldn't be too hard for many on this board.

FYI- I've never bought anything from them, so I have no idea what they are like to do business with and I don't even know offhand how their pricing is. Be sure to check them out with the Better Business Bureau before spending any money. There have been a few high profile bankruptcies recently, even among companies that were well thought of for decades. As they used to say on Hill Street Blues, "Be careful out there!"
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

NOTE: ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- often
substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) and selling short as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:59 am

An interesting look at international financing of third world countries and how it benefits the US: Confessions Of An Economic Hitman
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby silverflake » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:59 am

I had some dealings with Investment Rarities a few years back. Not a bad company, just neutral on them. But be warned, you will be called. Here's my story.

They had an ad in a coin mag a number of years ago for something like, buy a silver eagle and a silver maple leaf for $19.95 (total) which was a good price back then so I jumped on it. Well of course I started getting mailings and they got my phone number (required) and started calling asking me if I wanted to buy some silver in bigger amounts. Sales people who wouldn't give out prices. But they were nice enough and ended up sending me a ton of printed material and booklets mostly written by Ted Butler. They had some kind of a business relationship with him which wasn't a bad thing as he has some of the best insight on silver trading and the industry etc.

Looking back, they ended up sending me a book by James Cook (Inv Rarities president/owner) on gold that was really good and informative, they sent me a big book on silver investing by Ted Butler (absolutely awesome book that convinced me to go full bore into silver), James Cooks novel "Full Faith and Credit" which is a fictionalized story written about the collapse of the stock market and the weakening of the dollar and the subsequent explosion in gold (very well written), numerous booklets on silver, gold and inspirational stuff from Napoleon Hill and their monthly newsletter. Generous if you ask me. Just know they will pester you with their Minnesota accent (I say that in good nature with my best Boston accent.)

So, if you talk to them you may get quite a few quality reads.

Continue to stack.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:22 am

You can always tell them you are giving them your work number and give them the phone number for a McDonald's or something like that. Hopefully, after a call or two, they'd get the hint...
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

NOTE: ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- often
substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) and selling short as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals