2015 ASE buy 1, get 1 free *fixed link*

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

2015 ASE buy 1, get 1 free *fixed link*

Postby Morsecode » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:27 pm

Large ad in the morning paper. Texas company, U.S. Secure Coins, 800 727 2099

Vault verification: UHRTF880115D

Offer expires 2/5/15, limit 2 per household

The ad goes on to state "please read our customer disclosure and transaction agreement on our website, http://www.ussecurecoins.com". I went to their website and saw no such disclosure. Nor could I find this offer on their website.

I've never done business with them and don't plan to call on this offer. Just passing it along for anyone who might be interested.
Last edited by Morsecode on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: 2015 ASE buy 1, get 1 free

Postby theo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 pm

The webpage is suspicious. It is under construction and very generic. Also there are errors which suggest (to me at least) that the writer speaks English as a second language. I'd be very careful about providing personal information to this outfit.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby agmoose » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:22 pm

theo wrote:The webpage is suspicious. It is under construction and very generic. Also there are errors which suggest (to me at least) that the writer speaks English as a second language. I'd be very careful about providing personal information to this outfit.

I agree. Very dicey.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Morsecode » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:05 pm

Sorry, guys...I misspelled the link. It's not www.securecoins.com

It's www.ussecurecoins.com

I corrected the top post with the right link.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Re: 2015 ASE buy 1, get 1 free *fixed link*

Postby Rosco » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:27 pm

Its still the boys from Beaumont

I remember past problems with the Boys from Beaumont, Perhaps on Kitco :?:

Pass PASS PASS :thumbdown:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:13 am

I checked with the local Better Business Bureau and it appears they have only been BBB accredited since 3/1/14. Also, there is a complaint where a client said they ordered once and got hounded with phone calls after the initial order. The client asked repeatedly for U.S. Secure to stop and it appears that the BBB had to get involved first before the calls stopped.

Even if I got two ounces of silver totally free (which is more than what they are offering), it wouldn't be worth the hassle to me.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

NOTE: ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- often
substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) and selling short as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Morsecode » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:36 am

I figured the phone hounding/hard sell was normal for these offers...no matter who was offering them. Otherwise why the giveaway? And how else would they hope to recapture the money spent on print advertising?

Then again, I never participated in one. :D
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby brian0918 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:24 am

I've done these deals before, and they always pester you with phone calls afterwards. If you have a cell phone that will let you block their calls, you can filter them out. Don't give them your home phone.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fasteddy » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:56 pm

I bought some gold coins from Blanchard & Co in 1999...they still call me once a year...I think this guy with US Secure is Jason Whitney and if I remember right he had some issues in the past...I don't remember what, just the name and Beaumont TX.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Double3 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:38 am

What is the price?
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby Morsecode » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:31 am

Double3 wrote:What is the price?

That's the bait...you have to call to find out. The print ad didn't specify price.

If anyone does call, please update the thread...I'm curious to know the particulars.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby chris6084 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:27 pm

I did once get an offer for a free silver eagle a few years ago. I looked up the company at the time, and they had a similar reputation of high pressure sales and harassment. All I had to do to get the eagle was respond to the mailer. I figured they already had my address, so I was not worried about that. When it came to my phone number, I just "miss-wrote" it. I got my free silver eagle, a few pieces of junk mail and no phone calls.

If you can do the deal without providing a credit card number ( pay by money order) and no phone number, I would do it.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby baggerman » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:04 pm

I have done a number of these type deals and will probably call them on Tuesday. When they call I always tell them I am a straight bullion guy and have zero interest in numismatics but will buy all the SAEs they want to sell me at $1 or so over spot, they don't call back. :lol: BTW the risk disclosure is at the very bottom of the page.
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals