What Happened?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

What Happened?

Postby AdamsSamoa » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:09 pm

Silver down over a dollar today?
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: What Happened?

Postby brian0918 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:24 pm

Back up the truck!

Good deal on 15 oz here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SilverTowne-Log ... 1335941473

With coupon code CBULLION25 for $25 off, plus 1% off through ebates, and 1% off through credit card, it comes down to Spot + $0.23 per ounce.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:29 pm

I was going to do the most terrible thing today. Seriously, this is against all I hold dear...... I was going to sell some silver *gasp!*

Then I looked up spot. :shock: Aaaggggghhhhh!! I should have sold it yesterday morning.

http://www.kitco.com/images/live/silver.gif

What happened to all those promises of $50 silver and $2,000 gold? "Zoom to the moon!!"????
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:57 pm

CME raised margins, and Yellen is hinting at interest rate hikes.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:59 am

brian0918 wrote:Back up the truck!

Good deal on 15 oz here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SilverTowne-Log ... 1335941473

With coupon code CBULLION25 for $25 off, plus 1% off through ebates, and 1% off through credit card, it comes down to Spot + $0.23 per ounce.

I use Ebates all the time on non-bullion items. I've always been under the impression that Ebates doesn't offer cash back on Ebay bullion purchases. I copied and pasted the following rules directly from Ebates:

(Be sure you understand limitations to Cash Back at eBay:

Cash Back is only paid on legitimate Winning Bid or "Buy It Now" transactions. Cash Back is not available on bids placed with a sniping service/tool. Cash Back is not available within the following categories: eBay Motors (including Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, and Powersports; excluding Parts & Accessories), any form of Real Estate, eBay branded Gift Cards, Bullion, and Heavy Equipment within the Business & Industrial category.)

So I guess I'm asking are you sure about that 1% Ebates discount on your ebay bullion purchase?
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals