Silver up over 60c today... what's your first reaction?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver is up over 60c today... what's your first reaction?

No! I need more time... to buy more!
14%
It's about freakin time.
14%
Pfft. No biggie. It'll be back down tomorrow.
71%

Total votes : 49

Silver up over 60c today... what's your first reaction?

Postby uthminsta » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:16 pm

Silver is up over 60c today... what's your first reaction?
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Silver up over 60c today... what's your first reaction?

Postby dakota1955 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:14 pm

Looks like most of us are thinking the same. Silver goes up and then silver goes down.
dakota1955

Postby Country » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:32 pm

$USD goes up SILVER goes down. $USD goes down (like today big time down), SILVER goes UP! :thumbup:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Shazbot57 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:33 pm

From Bloomberg Business -
"Some investors are showing signs of disinterest in precious metals. Holdings in exchange-traded products backed by gold and silver headed for weekly declines.

While Fed officials suggested that rates will rise at a slower pace than some economists forecast, their forecasts showed they still expected higher borrowing costs by the end of the year. The central bank’s benchmark rate has been held near zero since 2008. "

Another source (forget who now) said much of activity is short covering.

Patience my friends, patience... tptb have to take down the dollar. But they won't let the price of PM's continue higher indefinitely, at least not until their end game has run it's course...
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:18 pm

Since I'm in for the long term, I stopped watching the PM prices everyday. Even large losses/gains in the paper prices of PMs do not affect me at all anymore.

The bankster boys are not going to give up easily... they will rig it until the very last second.

The manipulation may go on for years. Extreme patience is required. Hang in there gents... we will win in the end.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:58 pm

No biggie because this particular change was largely due to the change in value of the USD.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby johnbrickner » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:09 pm

It's raised my eyebrow. Stay aware, watch the details continue to buy when opportunity presents.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby dannan14 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:10 am

uthminsta wrote:Silver is up over 60c today... what's your first reaction?

The first thing i thought was "That's a bummer". This is the second time in a few months that silver shot up while i was considering a second buy for the month. Not concerned though. As i said, this is the second time in just a few months...lots of volatility means i'm sure i'll see a price i think is a great bargain again soon. Also, the reason i didn't pull the trigger has to do with me buying the part of the business i run from my employer...three to six lean months then i just might have doubled my income.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby baggerman » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:10 am

I've been at this a long time. I have bought at $4 spot and at $38 spot, the key is I try to add something to the stack every month. When I first started stacking sometimes I was only able to afford a single 90% half for the entire month but I hold something they can not print in to infinity and have not regretted a single purchase I have ever made.
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fansubs_ca » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:00 am

60¢ doesn't even seem like all that big of a move compared to a lot of what I've
seen over the last 9 years. (It was 2006 that I noticed "something" was going
on in precious metals and started looking at it more closely.)
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rastatodd » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:44 am

As options go I see everybody says that silver will fall back and I hope they are right. I remember trying to buy silver during the high $40's and not much silver was added to the stack at that price. With depressed silver and gold prices for the last two to three years I was able to add quite a bit. I also hope that silver recedes to new lows so as to pile on more ounces. I stack for the long term. Cost averaging is my goal for today and into the future. :thumbup:
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:08 am

When silver gets above $25, wake me up.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Double3 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:43 pm

It will probably go up but it might go down.

Then it will go up then down.....
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals