New Angle on PM Accumulation

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

New Angle on PM Accumulation

Postby Verbane » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:00 am

POOP PROSPECTING
Your poop could be a literal goldmine of precious metals

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spea ... us-metals/

According to new research presented at the national meeting of the American Chemical Society, the itty-bitty particles of gold, lead, copper and other valuable metals found in biosolids (which you probably just call poop) could be worth "mining."
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Re: New Angle on PM Accumulation

Postby Doctor Steuss » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:24 am

BM PM's? Count me out.

:sick:

(unless it's under spot)
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby pennypicker » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:53 am

I'd rather be tied down nude to an ant hill and have honey spread over my genitalia than be a "poop miner". :shh:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:08 am

The closest thing to this that I have heard about is that people will excavate spots where they know there used to be a outhouse. I guess a lot of coins had a tendency to fall out of pockets and into the poo pile. Understandably not to be retrieved. It's all just soil by now. Wish I knew where the outhouse used to be at my place. I would dig it up for sure!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby RichardPenny43 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:58 am

I've heard if you drink enough Goldshlager you can poop a gold nugget! :lol:
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:03 am

I've done that but I was too hung over to remember to collect the nugget :thumbdown:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:29 am

Verbane wrote:POOP PROSPECTING
Your poop could be a literal goldmine of precious metals

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spea ... us-metals/

According to new research presented at the national meeting of the American Chemical Society, the itty-bitty particles of gold, lead, copper and other valuable metals found in biosolids (which you probably just call poop) could be worth "mining."

God love ya laddy........first time I laughed today...I owe ya.......gee whiz! maybe I can call the ACS and see if they got some interns to do a test project on my septic field........I should warn them that I consume tremendous amounts of fermented Korean cabbage, otherwise known as Kimchi, which might lead to a perilous methane gas build up down there, leading to one heckuva explosion......AND WE WOULDNT WANT THAT!!

thanks bud
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:31 am

pennypicker wrote:I'd rather be tied down nude to an ant hill and have honey spread over my genitalia than be a "poop miner". :shh:

OH NO!!!!! no no no.....second laugh of the day....that doesn't like a good deal!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:45 pm

I worked for 6 months on a job at the San Diego waste treatment plant. Lots of good stories about what was found. Bundles of cash, kids toys, and superballs bouncing out of the equipment.

The most surprising thing I learned is, the fats are reclaimed and sold to dog food makers.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:54 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:The most surprising thing I learned is, the fats are reclaimed and sold to dog food makers.
That sounds gross, but then I though about it for a second and I don't know many dogs that don't enjoy pecking at a nice steaming pile.
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby cooyon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:16 pm

PM verifier....check
Metal detector......check
BS detector......check.........looks like I'm all set!

"Thar's gold in them thar hills/steaming piles"
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:19 pm

did anyone else read the first hyperlink in that article? You can make $13,000 a year by selling your poop?

Now that's one case in which I wouldn't mind being on someone's [shucks] list! :o :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Diggin4copper » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:03 pm

I might just be rich boys.....
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverflake » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:28 pm

I have been flushing bricks for years!!!! Darn it! Need to stack 'em!

Just remember, everything will come out in the end.

Keep squeezing....er.....stacking!
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fansubs_ca » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:36 am

I did once read a story about a city in Japan the was processing the ash
for metals after they burned the waste but that particular city had a lot of
electronics factories that were believed to be the main source of what they
were recovering. (Besides the occasional flushed jewlerly etc.)

As for anywhere else they are finding this...
...maybe this is catching on more than I ever imagined...

http://www.incrediblethings.com/food/th ... p-glitter/
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby dannan14 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:50 pm

beauanderos wrote:did anyone else read the first hyperlink in that article? You can make $13,000 a year by selling your poop?

Now that's one case in which I wouldn't mind being on someone's [shucks] list! :o :lol:

Sadly, you must make the donation in person in Massachusetts. If they had a mail it in service i'd be all about it hehe.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:41 am

beauanderos wrote:did anyone else read the first hyperlink in that article? You can make $13,000 a year by selling your poop?

So if I weighed 400# and had frequent diarrhea, I could be rich! I can just imagine calling in sick for work because I'm really working my "other job". :lol:
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

NOTE: ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- often
substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) and selling short as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby johnbrickner » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:46 am

Compost it, bury it in your garden and if continued for several generations you'll have a shallow pit PM mine. Not to mention happy worms, great vegetables, and a healthier planet in between.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Landrover » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:43 am

I knew I worked for a crappy agency!!!!

Led by Kathleen Smith of the U.S. Geological Survey
Landrover
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals