New Book---"The Silver Manifesto"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

New Book---"The Silver Manifesto"

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:06 pm

from SGT Report:

"The biggest concern of all investors is the Debt Bomb! We’ve NEVER seen anything like the dire situation we now face. This according to David Morgan whose new book The Silver Manifesto is a must read, comprehensive tome about all things silver. In this interview we discuss some of the major takeaways from the first five chapters of the book authored by Morgan and Chris Marchese. This is a book every silver bug will want to own, it’s one of the best ways to understand the history of silver as real money – and an ideal way of handing down and preserving this knowledge and important history for future generations".

(my note, I just bought the last copy on Amazon......sorry.)

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: New Book---"The Silver Manifesto"

Postby dannan14 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:02 pm

Well, Amazon being what it is (and i know because that is where i make my living) another copy has already popped up....for $189.99...i hope you got a better deal than that Neil!
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:20 pm

dannan14 wrote:Well, Amazon being what it is (and i know because that is where i make my living) another copy has already popped up....for $189.99...i hope you got a better deal than that Neil!

i'm sorry Dan.....I paid 29.99 for the last "new" copy...and there was one other "used" (new) copy for 99.00 bucks, so I assume somebody bought that, and another guy posted a copy at 189.99. i guess Morgan did a self publish, and maybe...what?.....did a first run of 1,000....or 2,000? i just happened to stumble on the SGT audio, hear him speak and ripped over to Amazon, and wham bam,and got lucky, because it is a very good resource, go thru 6,000 years of silver usage, then American monetary history, G/S ratio's, now i'm in the mining/slash production chapters....this guy is good, some say its "dense", but i think that's bs, coz stacking is a serious endeavor, and getting up to speed on all ends of this serious endeavor is not like reading People magazine.

i recommend this book highly, but i wouldn't pay 189....wait till Morgan does a second run, or email him and ask IF he's doing a second run....he'd have to be insane NOT to......its a must have book though, just not at 189.

i have Amazon Prime,and the new book was sold thru a Amazon Prime "fulfillment" house......its MUCH more than just dry facts, its rather "seditious" in its own way...and i love that, because as I've said repeatedly, stacking itself is a quiet form of rebellion...and the words "freedom" and "liberty" are frequently used.......oh oh, those are bad words to use (/sarc)

i'm bullish silver for years now.....now i'm getting insanely bullish.....i'm middle class, happily so, but i'm thinking how i can lay my hands on $20,000 to buy two monster boxes of Maples.....i'm NOT going to do it, coz it would be highly imprudent for me, but i was that bullish, i was just thinking hard about highly risky behavior (for me)

hope he does another run right quick, n.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby dannan14 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:42 pm

It's actually rather unbelievable how much some books will sell for. The seller of the copy i saw might get that much for it, or he might snap up the first $30 offer someone messages to him. The most i've ever gotten for a single book was $377.00 the current lowest price of that particular book is $400. It was a very rare one print run tale of the inner working of the largest prison gang in the country. The guy who wrote it turned state's evidence and apparently got it published just before going into witness protection.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:43 am

dannan14 wrote:It's actually rather unbelievable how much some books will sell for. The seller of the copy i saw might get that much for it, or he might snap up the first $30 offer someone messages to him. The most i've ever gotten for a single book was $377.00 the current lowest price of that particular book is $400. It was a very rare one print run tale of the inner working of the largest prison gang in the country. The guy who wrote it turned state's evidence and apparently got it published just before going into witness protection.

I hear ya. but in a way, its a clear illustration of VALUE...the free market, so sometimes its neat to see how people will VALUE some niche markets of books over others.

I just got lucky (blessed?) on this one, coz I acted within one minute of knowing that I wanted it. When I KNOW, I want or need a particular book?...I don't even think about it, I just buy it....that's the only thing I use a credit card for. YES! Silver is "precious", it might just save our or those loved ones who inherit it, lives, but imo, books are just as precious, you'll never find me buying a "kindle" or other cyber reading devices....no.

May you prosper, n.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals