Thar's Gold in Dem Nuggets

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Thar's Gold in Dem Nuggets

Postby beauanderos » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:50 am

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Thar's Gold in Dem Nuggets

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:53 am

Nice investment! Are you going to hold or take a nice profit?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:58 am

Nice job. I personally am not comfortable with any paper investments, even if they are PM related... only phyz.

I cannot stand CNBC, especially Steve LIESman, Bob Pisani, Bill Griffith and Ron Insana. They're nothing but media whores who read a script and suck @ss for a paycheck. F them and their 50,000 viewers.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:37 am

blackrabbit wrote:Nice investment! Are you going to hold or take a nice profit?

I just sold 105 shares (bought three days ago) for a $19 per share profit. I may be sorry (could go higher, so I held half my position)
but you never go broke taking a profit. If they hammer gold again (I can't see them letting it run this high through Monday), then
I'll buy back in again. Just a paper game to make the volatility more fun. :thumbup:

You guys should be paper trading this one (as well as JNUG) and look at the channel (trending upwards, far outpacing gold moves)
for highs and lows. There is big opportunity here. :mrgreen: In my small 401k acct :oops: I'm up 96% since Feb 1. :shifty:

edit: whew! Got out at $70, just ahead of the downdraft. :shock:
beauanderos

Postby plus1hdcp » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:24 am

Nothing wrong with locking in a strong profit, congratulations.
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JadeDragon » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:33 pm

The problem with physical metel is it makes no income. That leaves you having to trade your time for fiat rather then having your savings work for you. So while I want and need gold and silver in my holdings, I also need dividend/interest producing quality investments. A little speculative stuff is good too, especially where you can take profits quickly by trading smart.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:05 pm

JadeDragon wrote:The problem with physical metel is it makes no income. That leaves you having to trade your time for fiat rather then having your savings work for you. So while I want and need gold and silver in my holdings, I also need dividend/interest producing quality investments. A little speculative stuff is good too, especially where you can take profits quickly by trading smart.

So true. But I'm hardly recommending these two ETF's as quality investments. They are VERY risky, you must be nimble to trade them. They are most definitely NOT buy and hold.
beauanderos

Postby JadeDragon » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:38 pm

For sure, they are basically options or derivatives to trade actively. I'd papertrade them before jumping in too quick.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:14 pm

JadeDragon wrote:For sure, they are basically options or derivatives to trade actively. I'd papertrade them before jumping in too quick.

Ok, so I'll share the semi-refined technique that I've developed. Those who can spend time watching the markets can surely outperform me. :thumbup:
So I sold 105 shares of NUGT @ 70. It closed at $60.62, which would allow me to buy back in with 121 shares. I did not buy back in... because (as you all
know) TPTB love to hammer gold on Sunday night. So I'll be alert for an even more advantageous buy in point on Monday. Every time you get a modest
bump in GDX, NUGT approximately triples the move. You can get in and out, often the same days, winding up with more and more shares as you do so.
If you're really bold (and I don't do this, because I have to wait three days inside the 401k before I can sell) you could pick up DUST at or near the peaks
after you've sold your NUGT shares. Selling DUST (if you can day trade you're better off) after a move back down from its highs as we watched NUGT print,
would enable you to buy even more shares of NUGT at your re-entry point. I feel more confidence holding NUGT for sustained moves rather than DUST.
DUST will make you money, but you have to be quick. If you think you're ready to step up to the plate and swing on this one, wait for another 10% down
move on Monday and then give er a try. :thumbup: :wave: Don't get greedy... there are numerous opportunities to take fast 10 to 12% profits, and then
redeploy the proceeds as you see fit.

I also buy in tranches, so that I always have a hundred shares or so that I can liquidate (after the rolling three day holding period) Any suggestions as to how
I might further fine tune this system are welcomed in the thread or personal pm. ;)
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:13 pm

This is too much fun! NUGT up 20% today, JNUG 24% :thumbup: :clap: :mrgreen:
beauanderos

Postby johnbrickner » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:43 pm

Hummm Ray, I thought you were going to give us a heads up on starting these trades? :shh:
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:50 pm

johnbrickner wrote:Hummm Ray, I thought you were going to give us a heads up on starting these trades? :shh:

No one seemed interested. :sick: Picked up 100 shares of NUGT two days ago at $55, sold today at $68. If/when they push
the price back down to $61.30 I'll be in for 115. Slowly but surely, building share count up. DYODD, but I'm now up 122% since
Feb 1.

If you want a good entry point for DUST watch to see if gold continues to rise overnight. You know darned well they aren't
going to let gold have more than two back to back green days, regardless of how much naked shorting they have to do to
suppress prices... so DUST will be a good proxy (kind of a put) on gold if you expect (as I do) that it will rollover either tomorrow
or Friday. Today was mostly a short-covering spike, hasn't changed anything in their long-term rationale (keep sentiment crushed,
scare people away from metals and miners). Some of the buyers were returning momentum players, but you'll be able to watch
the prints tomorrow and see if the buying exhausts itself (with or without the help of another engineered sell-off). Study the charts
so you can be cognizant of the typical times when they come in to crush the prices. If you do buy DUST you could try holding it for a
quick 20% move, then move the proceeds (once again) back into NUGT. These plays move extremely fast, as noted by today
(I was hoping to trigger a buy on JNUG, that I missed by sixty cents yesterday). By the time I returned from lunch, it had moved up about $12.

Biggest caveat. DON'T play with money you can't afford to lose!!!! You play at your own risk, but the rewards can be handsome. Make sure
your physical stack is where you want it, your bills paid down, a sizable emergency cash stash handy... before you start taking any kind of
chances you might regret if things don't turn out like you would have hoped. As many of us that think that, ultimately, precious metals will
help us preserve wealth "to the other side,"... I feel that leveraged gold mining ETF's (and silver, if they ever created one) will springboard
you to very significant "paper" profits. Consider that the HUI increased over 600% from the bottom in 2008 into 2011... and then triple those
returns. :D YMMV :wave:
beauanderos

Postby johnbrickner » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:18 am

Time to go into technician mode and bust out the charts. Thanx Ray. And as they also say, stick with what you know.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:49 pm

Fricka fracka dang, dagnabbit @!#)@#(#)%R :sick: :x :evil:

JNUG is up over $20 a share today, NUGT $13... and I sold out earlier to lock in profits.

fluffy bunnies!!!
beauanderos

Postby AdamsSamoa » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:02 pm

THM is up over 25% today... what happened?
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby chris6084 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:25 pm

beauanderos wrote:Fricka fracka dang, dagnabbit @!#)@#(#)%R :sick: :x :evil:

JNUG is up over $20 a share today, NUGT $13... and I sold out earlier to lock in profits.

fluffy bunnies!!!

So did I.

What's your strategy to make sure you don't end up on the wrong side of these big moves?
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:26 pm

AdamsSamoa wrote:THM is up over 25% today... what happened?

as far as THM goes... I would venture say that rising water lifts all boats. Whether or not THM is one of the miners included in GDXJ (JNUG is triple leveraged GDXJ)
I don't know... but a lot of the junior miners are merely exploration and not producing miners...meaning that they can have rather thin liquidity... meaning... when
there is demand for the stocks they can go WAY up... but they are also hard to sell, meaning when demand drops off they can fall HARD. I actually like this about
JNUG (the already high volatility is tripled)... so you can often get in and out in one day, yet pick up a ten or fifteen percent profit. :thumbup:
beauanderos

Postby Thogey » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:28 pm

fluffy bunnies!!!

Dude you made money. Be happy.
Remember: Pigs get slaughtered!
Bully! good job. :thumbup:
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby beauanderos » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:36 pm

chris6084 wrote:

fluffy bunnies!!!

So did I.

What's your strategy to make sure you don't end up on the wrong side of these big moves?

My strategy is brilliant (modesty, haha) but it sucks at times :lol: I have been trading in tranches. I will buy 100 shares on a dip, wait for it to go up ten percent, then sell. I then place a buy order
for 110 shares. This forces you to lock in gains, and buy the dips. I have a series of orders placed ten percent or so apart, so some of the shares will bring a nifty profit, while some of the shares will
be purchased at a great price. Don't get greedy, let the market come to you. The manipulators push the prices of these shares all over the frickin place (study the charts). The only problem (if you want
to call it that) is that, for instance, right now I am 95% in cash... and need to wait for the banking basturds to do their evil and push prices back down to an entry point for me. It's more difficult than you would imagine (since we've been trained for four years to anticipate smackdowns) to stay in and let profits run... or hold off on waterfall plunges from trying to catch falling knives. The main thing, for me, is not to try and get greedy (that's when I usually get burned). Take the quick ten percent profits and be satisfied with that. TPTB are pretty dependable about responding with their nefarious deeds anytime there's been a couple of green days in a row. I wouldn't be surprised to see them hammer gold by $30 to $50, as well as these very same stocks (GDX, GDXJ) in the next few days... starting overnight.
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:40 pm

Thogey wrote:

fluffy bunnies!!!

I have a system developed... it's just hard sticking to it sometimes. Logic provides steady profits, emotion leads to trouble. I still feel like grumbling
on days like today... I did make $1200 (coulda been $7000)... but the good thing is that the high prints that those two ETF's hit will now provide targets
for the next time I am holding shares. :thumbup:
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:06 pm

From peak to low (within the last month) JNUG has had a 22.9% drop and a 19.5% drop, as well as lesser percentage moves.
NUGT has had drops of 19.21% and 25.59%.

Since April 4th, JNUG is up 59%... NUGT is up 53.8%. These could turn into parabolic moves, but I think there's going to be
opportunities for better entry points rather than piling on now and chasing the price. These kind of moves often precede runaway
moves in the physical... so the nest few days may prove interesting. 8-)

Using a twenty percent drop in value of these ETF's would provide an entry point of approximately $90 a share for JNUG and
$67.32 for NUGT. There may have been some elements of a short squeeze at work today (GDX, GDXJ) so buying may wane if that's
the case. Personally, I won't fight the trend by buying DUST or JDST, but those who dare... :?
beauanderos

Postby CardsNCoins » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:19 pm

Thogey wrote:.....

The old adage is pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered.
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:29 pm

NUGT was $61.62 a share when this thread was started. It has nearly doubled in two months. :o Now over $119 :mrgreen:
JNUG was $75.08 a share. It has more than doubled. :D Now over $178! :shock:

How long they can continue to string up greater than 15% daily moves confounds me. Waiting for a pullback now in order to
pile in. :shifty:
beauanderos

Postby wolvesdad » Wed May 04, 2016 7:04 pm

Too risky and complicated for me. NUGT back down to $87.63
wolvesdad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed May 04, 2016 7:50 pm

wolvesdad wrote:Too risky and complicated for me. NUGT back down to $87.63