No Silver this time, but did not expect "Commems gone WILD!"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

No Silver this time, but did not expect "Commems gone WILD!"

Postby palmvtree » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:57 pm

No silver this trip, but tons of mint state halves were in the 8 rolls. Not sure how often these come up for others, but I found 8 crisp 1987 coins (P & D). Looks like they are rare but wanted to know how common they really are? The last roll also had 2 unusual coins for circulation...1 proof 1986 and 1 MS 1986 both Statue of Liberty Centennial Commem's. Just was looking for some feedback from the regulars regarding these finds...on a side note the last roll also had an Obama coin in it as well.
palmvtree

Re: No Silver this time, but did not expect "Commems gone WI

Postby knibloe » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:55 pm

Actually, these are nice finds. The 87's probably fetch $5 each. At least that is what I sold mine for.

Likely they all came from someones collection.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Re: No Silver this time, but did not expect "Commems gone WI

Postby AdamsSamoa » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:32 pm

Good haul...
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals