Can anyone explain???

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Can anyone explain???

Postby appjoe » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Today I picked up a $500 Brinks box of halves. The box was sealed a and each roll was roll wrapped as always. Now when I opened each roll there was 1 half with a blue ear, some of the blue ear halves had 9-10 in blue on the back, the only half in the whole roll with a mark. Now out of 50 rolls 48 rolls had the 1 half with the blue ear mark, the other 2 rolls had 2 and 3 halves with the same mark. Now if these halves are all dumped in a hopper or somthing like that at Brinks and randomly wrapped how do you explain 48 rolls out of 50 having 1 half with the blue ear mark. I would think some rolls would have 2, 3, 4, or 5 and some with none. Can anyone explain this???
BTW it was a skunk box.
appjoe
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Can anyone explain???

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Halves usually aren't wrapped in a "big hopper" like most of the other denominations.

A $1000 loose bag, that someone had made a bunch of blue eared Kennedies, was probably dumped into the wrapper. Than it was just a matter of "luck" on how may blue eared ones went in a roll.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Re: Can anyone explain???

Postby appjoe » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Thank You that makes sense
appjoe
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals