Westminster Mint

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Westminster Mint

Postby hejira11 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:36 pm

Has anyone had problems with this mint? I ordered 3 Engelhard bars from them last year and everythign went well. I ordered a 10oz bar on January 21 and still have not gotten it. I am pretty new to silver..to all of this quite frankly and want to know if this type of delay is normal.

thanks in advance.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Re: Westminster Mint

Postby Devil Soundwave » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:19 am

Kinda depends on whether or not they actually had them in hand or whether they where just drop-shipping them.

Still, does seem like quite a wait. Have you phoned them?
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby hejira11 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:51 am

Devil, I did call and they said they were still processing the order. I know Engelhard stopped producing silver back in the early 80's so I KNOW they can't claim a production delay. I think you are right about them not actually having it in hand. Which PISSES ME OFF. I will call again. My fear now, is that it has increased in value to the point where it is in their interest to refund me my money and sell it for a higher price.

thanks for your reply.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby hejira11 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:33 am

I called again and got a verbal and Email shipping confirmation. Case Closed. :)
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby Beau » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:04 pm

they have the Englehard bars on their web site.

they should not list them if the don`t have the product.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby hejira11 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:58 am

Beau, I totally agree. A 4 week delivery wait is too long for me. If they had stated it upfront, I would have passed then. I'm sticking with apmex
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby myfundsarelow » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:56 pm

if you received notice that they will send the item ok, just check to see when check or other payment was cashed by them then that was there commit to selling at there selling price PEACE!!
myfundsarelow
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby hejira11 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:24 am

Thanks guys! I have the bar in hand. I ordered from APMEX on Saturday the 19th and got the delivery today. They have a new customer.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:51 am

I just placed an order with them about three days ago. They state they will hold checks for ten days to ensure they clear, and also remind that shipping of product can take up to two weeks. I suppose it all depends on if they are backordered beyond their in-house stock, which is dependent on their ability to source blanks, as to whether they have product or not. There is pretty heavy demand right now, and in my search on the net I found that they were the only source for the four types of rounds I ordered a roll each of. If I were a mint, I might have a ready supply of the best sellers... then again I might only do a run when an order appeared, as "just in time" inventory of silver blanks is much less expensive then storing an extensive amount of them. Depends how large an outfit they are. I'll let you guys know how long the order takes.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby hejira11 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:11 pm

All in all, I used them twice and got what i ordered so I have no reason not to recommend them. I used a C.C. for the above order and the payment posted the same day. If they gave me advance notice of a wait, I woulnt have started this thread.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals