"I'll take that bet"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

"I'll take that bet"

Postby beauanderos » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:20 am

It's well known on this forum that there just isn't another member who is more bullish on where silver prices are headed. How fast we get there? How high can we go? Those are questions subject to debate and, on a day-to-day basis, support can generally be found to back any of the three contentions (headed higher, trading sideways, soon to drop/unsustainable). I don't think anyone doubts that silver is eventually headed much, much higher than at present, as the United States is unable to repay/service its debt obligations and further quantitative easing is a certainty, adding rapidly to the accelerating dilution of our purchasing power, leading eventually to hyperinflation. Okay, blah, blah, blah. I know. So what bet am I talking about? I think silver is headed towards breaking it's all time record, and it will do it this year during the traditionally strong spring seasonal period. We could double from here before a pullback in the summer, but by year's end I am going on record as stating we will see triple digit silver. I'm already subject to good-natured ridicule on this forum for my views... so feel free to add your mockery to the following posts. So how am I preparing for this rise in prices? In poker parlance, I'm "all in."
I just picked up 225 ounces of fractionals from Golden State Mint at a price per ounce of $37.10. (I wanted some .999 fracs, already have plenty of junk). Expensive now, sure. But well worth the price, in hindsight, from where prices will be at the end of the year. Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: "I'll take that bet"

Postby scrapper2010 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:56 am

I'll send you a Morgan if it hits triple digits this year, if not you send me a quarter (silver). :)
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tbram88 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:58 am

I like fractionals too and will be buying some soon . Have you ever seen these? http://www.qualitysilverbullion.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=41&product_id=69

@35 EA today

Bob.
tbram88
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:09 pm

tbram88 wrote:I like fractionals too and will be buying some soon . Have you ever seen these? http://www.qualitysilverbullion.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=41&product_id=69

@35 EA today

Bob.

Those are nice looking, and might be functional when silver prices rise significantly, but I just can't help but thinking that the edges and points would be sharp and tend to poke you in places you don't want to be poked when carried in pockets.
I did, however, pick up fifty ounces of the walking liberty half ouncers (gorgeous, btw) for $9.96 per... back when silver was at $17.90 or so. Seemed expensive then, not so much now. Image
beauanderos

Postby Country » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:28 pm

I've gone on record that I think the current SILVER drive higher will break the all time highs of 1980 ($51) on this runup. It should be similar to the 82% rise that SILVER had starting in late August ($17) and running up to $30 by the end of 2010. That took four months. So, if this runup takes place, we should see that transpire by sometime in May of this year.

Now, I'm not so sure that we will hit "TRIPLE DIGITS" after a new ALL TIME HIGH is made. I'm not saying it won't happen, but I'd like to see how strong SILVER is once it breaks the old all time high before I get a good feeling about it. However, NEW ALL TIME HIGHS FOR SILVER - NICE!!! :mrgreen:

I haven't bought any .999 SILVER fractionals. My 90% SILVER dimes fufill that just fine for me. :)
Last edited by Country on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:37 pm

Country wrote:I've gone on record that I think the current SILVER drive higher will break the all time highs of 1980 ($51) on this runup. It should be similar to the 82% rise that SILVER had starting in late August ($17) and running up to $30 by the end of 2010. That took four months. So, if this runup takes place, we should see that transpire by sometime in May of this year.

Now, I'm not so sure that we will hit "TRIPLE DIGITS" after a new ALL TIME HIGH is made. However, NEW ALL TIME HIGHS FOR SILVER - NICE!!! :mrgreen:

I haven't bought any .999 SILVER fractionals. My 90% SILVER dimes fufill that just fine for me. :)

Okay... I'd be willing to share the title of "most outrageous claims for silver" with you, Bill
beauanderos

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:00 pm

I like the way you guys think! I don't think we'll hit 100 dollars this year but I hope i am wrong. I could see 50 bucks possibly, but even at that point I would be :shock: :mrgreen: :!:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby scrapper2010 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:12 pm

I'd like to see silver at $20 for the next five years, then spike to $100 and beyond.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby franklin » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:41 pm

If we see triple digits anytime soon, my belief is that things have gone terribly wrong around us and overseas. For that reason, I don't look forward to it but then I have not gotten into accumulation to flip PMs.
Regarding fractionals, they are appealing but the premiums that apply, esp. when you convert them to a full ounce equivalent, are pretty doggone high. Most are applied "per coin" until you get to a coin like the Mexican 50 peso Gold which weighs over an ounce and then the premium is usually "per ounce". Like Country stated, the dimes look nice instead of silver fractionals.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby oktyabyr » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:38 pm

scrapper2010 wrote:I'd like to see silver at $20 for the next five years, then spike to $100 and beyond.

I agree here. Maybe not as long at $20 silver. But I'd like more time to acquire more of a stash. Then I'd love to see it skyrocket.
oktyabyr
Penny Collector Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:45 pm

oktyabyr wrote:
scrapper2010 wrote:I'd like to see silver at $20 for the next five years, then spike to $100 and beyond.

I agree here. Maybe not as long at $20 silver. But I'd like more time to acquire more of a stash. Then I'd love to see it skyrocket.

Unfortunately, we can't tell the market what to do. The good news is that it can tell us what to do.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:54 pm

i didnt know it but englhard made 1/2 ouncers. Ive bought a couple of those before
TXBullion

Postby oktyabyr » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:16 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:
oktyabyr wrote:

Unfortunately, we can't tell the market what to do. The good news is that it can tell us what to do.

Cheers!

I think we'd all be happy if we could at least predict it. Or someone knew. We would all be rich by now.
oktyabyr
Penny Collector Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:33 pm

You don't have to predict the market in order to trade it profitably. The future is unknowable but you can still make a fortune.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:You don't have to predict the market in order to trade it profitably. The future is unknowable but you can still make a fortune.

Is that a deeper comment than it looks on the surface? Care to elaborate
TXBullion

Postby barrytrot » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:11 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:You don't have to predict the market in order to trade it profitably. The future is unknowable but you can still make a fortune.

Or make someone else's :)
barrytrot

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:30 pm

TXBullion wrote:

What I mean by that is that nobody can accurately predict the future but there are fortunes made by trading trends and momentum swings from their beginning stages until they end.
When they end is anybody's guess. By using the proper tools and techniques, you can know when you are there with a high degree of confidence. :ugeek:
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:31 pm

barrytrot wrote:

Or make someone else's :)

The media likes to call that "profit taking" but for many it is simply "profit giving" :lol:
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:40 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:
TXBullion wrote:

What I mean by that is that nobody can accurately predict the future but there are fortunes made by trading trends and momentum swings from their beginning stages until they end.
When they end is anybody's guess. By using the proper tools and techniques, you can know when you are there with a high degree of confidence. :ugeek:

That makes sense. Ive never been the one to analyze trends, charts , and predict. I suppose its good to do if you plan on doing some flipping. I keep meaning to flip some silver and "profit take" :lol: but I think until a better opportunity calls for capital there is no need at this time. Hopefully I will be working up something though :D
TXBullion

Postby BamaJoe » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:38 pm

I think $50 this year is a no brainer. Under the right conditions (or wrong for the nation as a whole) I can see it much higher. Silver is going to be a buy for a long time, at least thru QE 12.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:36 am

I just clamp my handy Time Pinch onto the co-ax cable to my modem. Then set it 90 minutes ahead so I can trade with data that won't occur for an hour and a half. LOL!
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals