9/29 Coin show update

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

9/29 Coin show update

Postby Robarons » Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:04 pm

Went to the coin show today to sell some items.

Buying prices that I sold at:
21.5x 90% Roosevelts and Washingtons
22x For Solid Rolls of Walking liberties and Merc dimes.
Also sold Generic 1oz Rounds for $30.50 Each. BU rolls of Silvertowne stuff

Crowd was brisk with a good showing of customers. Every Dealer had inventory of Silver in all shapes and sizes. Typical prices- but you could tell the premiums were dropping if not disappeared all together. Used to get a little over melt for the 999 Silver but not any more. Even half dollar premiums were gone- no one was buying them back with premium. Sold 5 rolls of solid Walking liberties pretty much at the same rate as 90% Dimes/quarters.

Gold was still typical- $40 over for a 1 oz K-rand, $280 for 1/10 K-Rand Etc. Platinum was $1090/oz for Isle of Man.

Did not leave with anything- just too high too much too quickly in my opinion
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Re: 9/29 Coin show update

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:19 pm

Thanks for the update!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

NOTE: ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- often
substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) and selling short as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: 9/29 Coin show update

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:03 am

Thanks. Where was this show?
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals