what did i miss out on?????

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

what did i miss out on?????

Postby cwgii » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:07 pm

yesterday , one bank had $100 of halves. i only had 20.00.. there was nothing in them.

today i go back to ask for the rest.........SOLD. but she still had 3.00 loose. 6-40%'ers......... was the rest all silver too>>
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: what did i miss out on?????

Postby PreservingThePast » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:25 pm

cwgii wrote:yesterday , one bank had $100 of halves. i only had 20.00.. there was nothing in them.

today i go back to ask for the rest.........SOLD. but she still had 3.00 loose. 6-40%'ers......... was the rest all silver too>>

Don't think about it. It will eat you alive if you do.
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:32 pm

Think about it this way.

More than likely, someone came in and dumped an even hundred dollars in searched halves. When you came in, and only had twenty bucks, you got those junkers. Someone else came in between your first trip and second trip and picked up the other eighty. The teller either didn't realize she had six halves in her drawer, or forgot. Then when you come in the next day, she says the eighty is gone, but oh by the way, I do have these.

Feel better?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:35 pm

You only missed 100 1964 Kens and 60 mixed franks and walkers...no big deal though.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 999Ni » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:31 pm

AGCoinHunter wrote:You only missed 100 1964 Kens and 60 mixed franks and walkers...no big deal though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ron Paul 2012!

999Ni
Penny Pincher Member

Postby OtusLotus » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:44 pm

At least you got the 6 40%ers.. I hate it when I go to the bank and they say, oh we just gave a bunch of odd looking half dollars to a customer about 20 minutes ago..
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NDFarmer » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:19 am

AGCoinHunter wrote:You only missed 100 1964 Kens and 60 mixed franks and walkers...no big deal though.

AG, that's just plain mean. :lol:
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals