Free Silver Eagle

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Free Silver Eagle

Postby OtusLotus » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:05 pm

I started off the conversation by saying I wanted to sign up for th newsletter, as the website says...i talked to the guy for like five minutes, about getting an PM IRA or investing in graded coins..and he immediately sent me out a few emails about the different investment options, and then at the end, asked about the free coin..

he said it will come USPS, and within 3 weeks.., I will let every1 know when it arrives
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby aristobolus » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:00 am

I responded by email off of their website Friday; they called me over the weekend but I was not home. Today, I called them back and managed to cash in on the deal. But the gentleman told me that this offered "ended Sunday". Since I contacted him beforehand he said he would honor it. Is this deal still on the website? If so I would fill out the form and let them call you; that way they are obligated per their own site.

The guy was friendly enough. Just be willing to receive their e-newsletter, and they will in turn bless you with an ASE.
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby aristobolus » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:04 am

Actually their website has changed to read, "Special offer: Complete a purchase today from our ONLINE STORE for $500 or more and get a free Silver American Eagle". So maybe your best bet is to call first, or move on to the next promo elsewhere.
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:49 am

Pennysaved wrote:maybe I have been fortunate and it has been going to my spam box :-)

Has anyone tried to get a 2nd free coin after the initial offer several months ago?

Oh, c'mon now. That would be taking advantage of them. They wouldn't try to do that to you, now would they? :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby knibloe » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:09 am

I tried to get my silver eagle yesterday and was told the offer had been changed. I needed to buy $500 to get the eagle.

If their prices were near spot, that wouldn't be bad, the Eagle would be like getting a 7% discount.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:10 am

Their prices are near spot like the price of property in Manhattan is near the price of property in Wyoming.
barrytrot

Postby kagarise » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:47 am

not sure if anyone else is getting this but they're starting the annoying sales calls about once a day
kagarise
Penny Sorter Member

Postby barrytrot » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:25 pm

kagarise wrote:not sure if anyone else is getting this but they're starting the annoying sales calls about once a day

They only call me about once a quarter.

I like speaking with them. It's fun to ask them what they have and compare it to the "Buy it now" entries on eBay and ask them why eBay is cheaper :)

They always say, "well if you want to risk using eBay". I then tell them that the credit card affords full fraud protection. They still don't back done on their 25% mark up over eBay though :)

This company is easily the worst I've dealt with so I don't mind typing my work while I annoy them :)
barrytrot

Postby sparechange » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:39 pm

Received the Eagle in the mail today, didn't even have to sign for. Haven't received any calls yet. So far a good deal, but time will tell. :shock:
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CardsNCoins » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Got my eagle today. Pretty quick too, only 7 days.

Edited to add: It looks like MS69s sell for $45-ish on eBay. I honestly wasn't expecting a graded coin. Not bad for just $9.95 S&H :D

CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby justoneguy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:19 pm

I received the same graded ASE today. Yeah! :lol:
thanks, byro007
CardsNCoins wrote:Got my eagle today.
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Wow, cool! I hope I get one of those too.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby kagarise » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:51 pm

well thats fancy
kagarise
Penny Sorter Member

Postby glass » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Mine too was graded, 1st graded coin for me and its a 2010 the ones that sold out

Thanks to the OP
glass
Penny Pincher Member

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:54 pm

Got mine today, came in with the tsunami. Awesome coin just like you guys got! Great deal!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby tbram88 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:39 pm

I got mine too same coin 2010 MS69 best ten bucks I ever spent.

So far I got 5 emails but no calls

Bob.
tbram88
Penny Collector Member

Postby OtusLotus » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:58 pm

So I get home from being away for a few days, and I come home to a letter sized envelope from the US Gold Bureau.. :D

I race in the house all excited to see my coin, open up the package... :?:

But all I got was a folder containing advertisements :(

I did receive an two emails since I first ordered.. #1 said my cc was charged $10..#2 said that it has been shipped...

I am still holding out hope that it will be arriving shortly.. otherwise I am going to be really really reallly really really really upset!

For those that received it.. what type of packaging did it come in?
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby byro007 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:18 pm

I received mine today too, I was shocked when I got a graded one. But I was looking at there site again and they did change it. Well I guess if anyone else find offers like this again please post. I love getting eagles for less than spot.
byro007
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:34 pm

Yep got mine too. Just like the ones already posted. Haven't received a call yet.....
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby OtusLotus » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:24 pm

So, after getting that first envelope, I decided to call the USGB to see what was up..

They advised me that they sent the coin, and I hung up telling the guy I would call him back by Friday on the status...

Well, when I got home today, there was a package at my door..

And it was in fact my first graded coin!

Thank you so much byro007!
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:34 am

My coin seems to have little spots all over it like some coating chipped off of it. I'm pretty sure it's not the plastic. If it is the coin it seems weird that it's graded MS-69. Anyone else's coin seem to have small spots on it?
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TommyV » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:57 pm

I tried calling this place and getting a free eagle but the guy basically acted like that offer did not exist. He did offer me many other sets to buy for thousands of dollars.
TommyV

Postby aristobolus » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:28 am

I received mine last week, but it was not graded. However, it was a 2011. Are these worth a premium due to their newness?
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Treetop » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:26 am

aristobolus wrote:I received mine last week, but it was not graded. However, it was a 2011. Are these worth a premium due to their newness?

Ive watched ebay for years. For some reason the current years issue always sells for a premium. I think ebay, or if you own a shop is the only time youd actually be able to collect the premium though. and ebay fees wipe that out.
Last edited by Treetop on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby wolvesdad » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:27 am

The link does say this now:
"Special offer: Complete a purchase today from our ONLINE STORE for $500 or more and get a free Silver American Eagle."

Not sure if you could call, play dumb and get by with it anyway.

Looks like they wised up.
wolvesdad
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals