want some $33 eagles?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: want some $33 eagles?

Postby barrytrot » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:13 pm

The BBB in today's day and age of non-Brick and Mortar is about as relevant as the phone book. Maybe less so, since the phone book can still be used as fire wood and therefore has some value :)

Buy with a credit card and you are 100% protected. Enough said :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:36 pm

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Beau » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:09 pm

THIS GUY IS NOTHING BUT A SCAMMER, IF I EVER SEE HIM I WILL GIVE HIM A BUSTED NOSE.
NOTHING BUT A COMMON THEIF.

I HAVE HAD A DEAL WITH HIM THAT COST ME $120.00 SHIPPING, SHIPPING ONLY.
THE COINS I SOLD HIM WERE REFUSED THROUGH UPS COD, WHICH HE TOLD ME TO USE UPS COD.
HE SAID HE COULD NOT AFFORD MY COINS WITHOUT MAKING AN OFFER.

THE SHIPPING WAS ALL HE HAD TO PAY UNTIL HE LOOKED AT THE COINS THEN WE WERE TO DEAL ON THE MONEY.

I GUESS I WAS LUCKY HE REFUSED THE SHIPMENT, AND DIDN`T KEEP MY COINS.

YOU DEAL WITH HIM AND LOOSE YOUR MONEY.

HE MAY LEAVE THE COUNTRY ANYTIME, HE IS FROM CHINA, WHEN THE FBI GETS HOT ON HIM HE BUYS A TICKET TO CHINA, SOMETIMES HE IS GONE FOR 6 MONTHS.

GOOD LUCK Beau

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:51 am

Beau wrote:.
THIS GUY IS NOTHING BUT A SCAMMER, IF I EVER SEE HIM I WILL GIVE HIM A BUSTED NOSE.
NOTHING BUT A COMMON THEIF.

I HAVE HAD A DEAL WITH HIM THAT COST ME $120.00 SHIPPING, SHIPPING ONLY.
THE COINS I SOLD HIM WERE REFUSED THROUGH UPS COD, WHICH HE TOLD ME TO USE UPS COD.
HE SAID HE COULD NOT AFFORD MY COINS WITHOUT MAKING AN OFFER.

THE SHIPPING WAS ALL HE HAD TO PAY UNTIL HE LOOKED AT THE COINS THEN WE WERE TO DEAL ON THE MONEY.

I GUESS I WAS LUCKY HE REFUSED THE SHIPMENT, AND DIDN`T KEEP MY COINS.

YOU DEAL WITH HIM AND LOOSE YOUR MONEY.

HE MAY LEAVE THE COUNTRY ANYTIME, HE IS FROM CHINA, WHEN THE FBI GETS HOT ON HIM HE BUYS A TICKET TO CHINA, SOMETIMES HE IS GONE FOR 6 MONTHS.

GOOD LUCK Beau

How did he scam you? By not taking a COD shipment?

I'd take that as how people scammed me every time :)

You are out $120 and keep your coins. Not bad.

Also, I didn't even know sending COD still existed :)
barrytrot

Postby 97guns » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:43 am

i just woke up and checked my email, looks like they arnt going to ship the silver eagles, i got a refund. anyone else got any confirmations?
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:55 am

I just spoke to someone there. Was told they are going out of business and the website is not being maintained. Couldn't get them to say why they are closing, but they denied that the poor economy had driven them to the decision. I have them looking to see how many XF 1964 halves they can provide me at $12 each.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:59 am

97guns wrote:i just woke up and checked my email, looks like they arnt going to ship the silver eagles, i got a refund. anyone else got any confirmations?

I've not gotten word since my confirmation emails.
barrytrot

Postby TXBullion » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:26 am

Got a refund on the eagles, no notice on the silver dollar sets or walker halve plaques, just sent an email,
TXBullion

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:31 am

Same here on my two large walker orders. No discussion or reason offered, just two automated refund emails.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby 97guns » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:34 am

shinnosuke wrote:I just spoke to someone there. Was told they are going out of business and the website is not being maintained. Couldn't get them to say why they are closing, but they denied that the poor economy had driven them to the decision. I have them looking to see how many XF 1964 halves they can provide me at $12 each.

oh well, it kept my Cring'n down last night, now back on the hunt for cheap silver or im gonna have an attack.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:41 am

shinnosuke wrote:I just spoke to someone there. Was told they are going out of business and the website is not being maintained. Couldn't get them to say why they are closing, but they denied that the poor economy had driven them to the decision. I have them looking to see how many XF 1964 halves they can provide me at $12 each.

They just called me back. They will sell me 100 halves for $12.50 each plus $34 shipping. Yikes! I tried to negotiate back to th $12.00 each as shown on the website, but was unsuccessful. The total comes to $25.68x face. Do it?
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:43 am

Refunds for my orders received :(

Darn. It was still fun though :)
barrytrot

Postby barrytrot » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:44 am

shinnosuke wrote:

They just called me back. They will sell me 100 halves for $12.50 each plus $34 shipping. Yikes! I tried to negotiate back to th $12.00 each as shown on the website, but was unsuccessful. The total comes to $25.68x face. Do it?

No way. I was selling at 24.5x +$5 shipping yesterday. Even one roll is cheaper than that.

I will be selling at 25x today and that's still cheaper at 1 roll.
barrytrot

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:47 am

barrytrot wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:

No way. I was selling at 24.5x +$5 shipping yesterday. Even one roll is cheaper than that.

I will be selling at 25x today and that's still cheaper at 1 roll.

Thanks, friend. I thought it was a pretty good deal at 24x plus a little shipping. They are trying to milk me both ways. Can you PM me with what you are typically selling?
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Beau » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:57 pm

I TOLD YOU HE IS A CROOK.

MORE CRAP FROM CHINA.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby PennyBoy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:04 pm

PennyBoy wrote:I just ordered the following:

Walking Liberty Silver Half Dollars Collection 1 $240.00 $240.00 (melt is 287.10 as of this posting)

U.S. Silver Dollars Boxed Set
Land of the Free Brilliant Uncirculated Boxed Set 1 $79.50 $79.50 (melt is 91.81 as of this posting)

SUBTOTAL: $319.50
Shipping & Handling: $17.50
Tax (Ohio Only): $.00
TOTAL: $337.00

Even with shipping, it still came out to a good deal. Going by melt value, it's like getting a free ASE. SWEEEEEET!

Let's hope it goes through, I'll keep you guys posted.

Received this email this morning: We are sorry to advise that items #1138 and #2605 are no longer available. This order has been voided.

Oh well, at least I got a good adrenaline rush out of it.
When people lose everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it.-Gerald Celente

My feedback: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8534

Happiness is the key to success.
PennyBoy
Penny Collector Member

Postby RxForPain » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Watch your credit card statements very closely over the next few weeks.
RxForPain
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 97guns » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:53 pm

RxForPain wrote:Watch your credit card statements very closely over the next few weeks.

10-4

97guns
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals