A couple of nice ebay pick ups.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

A couple of nice ebay pick ups.

Postby abc » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:57 am

I haven't had any luck on ebay deals in the last couple weeks. The premium on ebay right now are insane. I looks through 1000's of auction and bid on 50 to hopefully win 1 or 2. Finally yesterday I picked up a couple of good deal IMO.

# 260749897480 (not a good deal at first glance, but $3.00 of the face value are ASEs)
EDIT* the half included in the lot was a 1938D !!

and
#320673134435 (less than 18x face, before ebay bucks and bigcrumb rebates, but they are ugly)
Last edited by abc on Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abc
Penny Pincher Member

Re: A couple of nice ebay pick ups.

Postby barrytrot » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:45 am

Both very good pickups. In both cases you could easily turn a profit in 10 minutes :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby VWBEAMER » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:56 am

sweet.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:09 pm

I just don't think I have the patience to do that anymore. Does anyone else find it disturbing that people are selling single warnix on e-Bay? Trying to wade through all the clutter to find something worthwhile seems to be a major deal now.

I do bid on some of the Canadian and Mexican silver coins. Far less competition, but be sure to arm yourself with an accurate list of the date ranges and actual silver content of the ones that interest you. Lots of traps to fall into, so be careful. I've seen some of the big one peso coins from the late 1950s and early 1960s go for some big money. These have less silver content each than a war nickel and melt at about $1.75 each. Those who've paid $8-10 each thinking they landed a big fish will eventually discover their mistake. Painful. Very painful.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 999Ni » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:21 pm

ya be careful out on the bay! the sharks have found warmer waters! :lol:
Ron Paul 2012!

999Ni
Penny Pincher Member

Postby abc » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:24 pm

So, I got these in today and the lot of coins ends up being better than expected. It had 1 half dollar it was a 1938D (key Date) and out of the 10 dimes - 2 Mercury both 1931S (semi Key) .

Last edited by abc on Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
abc
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Country » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:29 pm

Good deals... I got some nice foreign SILVER deals today myself.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:02 pm

while we're in the 'i'll show you mine' mode, here's a bit Bay picking i did.

i had to get that, and i was reading ya'll talking about classic oldies, so i got these Barbers

actually bought another roll of those Barbers, i know they're 4's, maybe 8's, but so what?

999Ni.....you're exactly right, there's a lot of spurious junk out there, lot of new players. i complained about about one fellow who is crossing the line, selling new halve rolls, pitching the folks about "high possibility"
of finding silver in these rolls, he used the word "high possibility" twice, and would ya believe the one roll i tracked he actually got somebody to pay him 24.50 for a newly wrapped roll of halve's just for the privledge of searching.

thats not right, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals