UNREAL

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

UNREAL

Postby Tantalar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:59 pm

My brother who also works at a gas station got TWO dollars in the form of DOLLAR coins for payment for some crap at a gas station. He got a 1879 morgan dollar with a "CC" mint mark as well as a peace dollar...His co worker didnt know or care what they were either!!! This country is so screwed hahaha

Someone actually just casually gave him them as payment. Isn't that insane? I know TTIWWOP.

It seems these fools only come in on weekends!! I work full time on week days and never get the crazy fools like this :(
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Re: UNREAL

Postby Tourney64 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Probably stolen.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby AGgressive Metal » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Almost definitely stolen.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:35 pm

Send them to me and I'll hold them until the rightful owner is found :P
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Tantalar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:46 pm

apparently he said the person was some degenerate druggie girl from around town. I would imagine she stole them from her family somehow. It is a tragedy for the person who it was stolen from but I can't feel bad since I have no way of knowing who owned it. I just can't believe how lucky my bro got. I have found a few quarters, nickels, and dimes here and there that were silver. I must say though, in 2011 I haven't found ONE SINGLE silver dime or quarter or half or anything from anyone. Last year I got about 11 quarters and 6 dimes at least over 6 months or so.
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NDFarmer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Those coins are easily worth $300.00 and possibly a lot more depending what condition they are in. Your saying someone handed them over to pay for $2.00 worth of stuff at a convenience store.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Know Common Cents » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:18 pm

So...what's $300 divided by a bag of 28 peanut M&Ms and Chinese cigarette lighter?

That's really scary since she'll probably be the one assigned to take care of me when I'm in a nursing home. Empty my bed pan! Empty my bed pan!
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals