Traded some silver for gold today

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Traded some silver for gold today

Postby panther » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:21 pm

This run up in silver in the past 2 weeks is fun and all, but I'm thinking either a: gold has to catch up, or b: silver could correct..

considering I was sitting on 4 ATB sets, I sold 2 of them ($2,650 total) plus a couple eagles and bought 20 x 1/10th oz Gold Eagles for $149 each + $38 shipping (PM for details if its not already posted, was an ad in birds and blooms + VFW Magazine) for a total of $3,056 for 2 ounces of fractional gold. My local coin store pays $160 or so per 1/10th oz coin, so I figured I can't go wrong.

Anyone else hedging their bets against a partial correction in silver? I'm not rooting for a correction or anything.. but this was my first gold purchase. I was 100% silver, now I'm about 75% silver, 25% gold
panther
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Traded some silver for gold today

Postby Pennysaved » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:29 pm

Sounds like you did pretty well there.

Do you mind posting that ad for the 1/10 ounce eagles in this section?
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Traded some silver for gold today

Postby fusscharles » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:55 pm

yeah, I did it (other post shows for what)... and will prob trade 75% of my stash when all is said and done for the yellow stuff. I believe silver has outpaced itself. Maybe Im wrong... but it has overshot my "get out" number of $45.... Im staying in, but in a small way. Basiclly, when all this is over... I want to have all my money back out of investment, and several ounce of gold as profit.

Furthermore.... I bought a slabbed ATB set.... I am going to walk into my local coin club and see if I can trade it for a gold ounce.... seems like and outside chance, but the slabbed MS 70's should make someone dig deep in thier vaults.
fusscharles
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals