42.20 and dropping

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: 42.20 and dropping

Postby aristobolus » Sun May 01, 2011 8:39 pm

DeanStockwell wrote:Great thing about paper is that you don't have huge premiums from dealers. You can actually profit off dips. If you are wanting to buy physical on this drop, I'd advise you to go with SLV, instead. This sure is an interesting drop, and could be a flash crash like Country mentioned.

I think the one thing we can agree is that Asians are very dramatic and have a hard time making up their minds in the silver market...
Specifically on Sunday. :lol:

Indeed, last Sunday evening we saw meteoric rises in Silver.
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Pennybug » Sun May 01, 2011 8:40 pm

justj2k78 wrote:Breaking News: It turns out Chuck Norris glared at a 10 kilo bar of silver today, causing the silver price to drop to $42.20/oz. At this point he blinked, and left the room. Expect things to revert to normal shortly.

:lol: :lol: :lol: VERRRRY NICE!!! INDEED... this may be the reason GOLD took off... cause Chuck Norris moved further away from Fort Knox.
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Postby timmus0382 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Gold experienced a similar dip but is not on the rebound yet like silver is. looks like all the interest is in buying the silver dip.
Name me one investment where you gain at least 50% the second you purchase it and never have a chance to lose the initial investment.
timmus0382
Penny Pincher Member

Postby panther » Sun May 01, 2011 9:13 pm

obama to make statement @ 1030 ET, topic unknown.
panther
Penny Sorter Member

Postby DeanStockwell » Sun May 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Very, very, odd.
It is national security related..but if it regarded his "shake up" of the administration, couldn't it wait until morning?
Most people do not consider dawn to be an attractive experience - unless they are still awake.
DeanStockwell
Penny Pincher Member

Postby brian0918 » Sun May 01, 2011 9:23 pm

It figures - we just bought some nice shiny 2011 SAE's for last-minute family gifts, then the price drops.

I love reading people's reactions to the big drops as we climb this wall of worry - the end is nigh! The bull market is OVER! We haven't seen silver prices this low in... 12 DAYS!!! :roll:
Last edited by brian0918 on Sun May 01, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 999Ni » Sun May 01, 2011 9:26 pm

haha yea guys, just ride this out....hang on cuz it won't be long b4 we up over 50!!
Ron Paul 2012!

999Ni
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NickelExpress » Sun May 01, 2011 9:36 pm

DeanStockwell wrote:Great thing about paper is that you don't have huge premiums from dealers. You can actually profit off dips. If you are wanting to buy physical on this drop, I'd advise you to go with SLV, instead. This sure is an interesting drop, and could be a flash crash like Country mentioned.

I think the one thing we can agree is that Asians are very dramatic and have a hard time making up their minds in the silver market...
Specifically on Sunday. :lol:

i agree, however i dont have a trading account since I'm just trying to learn before I choose where to put my money. I do like the idea of being able to get maples at only a dollar premium when they are going for 5 dollar premium or so these days from the big places, or pick some discount physical. It might be a huge discount but Im not sure I want to sit with the majority of my money on the sidelines forever.
NickelExpress
Penny Sorter Member

Postby StoreOfValue » Sun May 01, 2011 9:37 pm

"Along the Watchtower" provides some sanity throughout a market move like this. Turd Ferguson believes we have a sharp pullback (low to mid $30's) and that's where I'm buying in bulk. Minyanville just gave some nice chart evidence as well. I agree, hang on, it's gonna be fun.
“Gold is the currency of kings, silver is the currency of the educated, barter is the currency of the working-class, and debt is the currency of slaves.”
StoreOfValue

Postby DeanStockwell » Sun May 01, 2011 9:41 pm

Osama is dead!
Most people do not consider dawn to be an attractive experience - unless they are still awake.
DeanStockwell
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 999Ni » Sun May 01, 2011 9:52 pm

DeanStockwell wrote:Osama is dead!

is this a joke :shock:

if not, i'll be the first to say....ITS ABOUT TIME
Last edited by 999Ni on Sun May 01, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Paul 2012!

999Ni
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Corsair » Sun May 01, 2011 9:52 pm

999Ni wrote:
DeanStockwell wrote:Osama is dead!

is this a joke :shock:

It's no joke. Turn on the TV. He's enjoying his first taste of an eternity of hell.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Sun May 01, 2011 9:54 pm

He has been dead for years.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby DeanStockwell » Sun May 01, 2011 9:55 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SOB is dead. Died in a firefight.
The real question is:
What will this do to the price of silver? :D
EDIT: He wasn't blown up by a bomb, he died in a firefight involving a group of americans.
Last edited by DeanStockwell on Sun May 01, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeanStockwell
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Corsair » Sun May 01, 2011 9:56 pm

DeanStockwell wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SOB is dead. Blew up by a bomb.
The real question is:

Let's forget about silver for just a few minutes and celebrate this wonderful turn of events. Americans, Canadians, peaceful people all the world around, never forget this day.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby panther » Sun May 01, 2011 9:57 pm

Corsair wrote:
DeanStockwell wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SOB is dead. Blew up by a bomb.
The real question is:

Let's forget about silver for just a few minutes and celebrate this wonderful turn of events. Americans, Canadians, peaceful people all the world around, never forget this day.

looks like it dropped aabout 1.50! back to 43.50
panther
Penny Sorter Member

Postby marhjan » Sun May 01, 2011 10:05 pm

I am really wondering if the big initial drop in silver price didn't have to do with knowledge of Bin Laden's death leaking out. Apparantly he has been dead for several hours, White House was just waiting for complete confirmation etc. US Military has his body and did DNA test according to MSNBC. Watching the liberal network tonight for a reason, well a few reasons, I had a bit of an issue with Geraldo Rivera's beaming smile on FoxNews.
There's no government like NO GOVERNMENT!

http://www.bitcoinplus.com/generate?for=818142 - if you just want to be nice ;-)
marhjan

Postby DeanStockwell » Sun May 01, 2011 10:06 pm

I was smiling bigger than Geraldo! His freak out talking to "Jen" shaking his arms in the air was complete win. :D
DeanStockwell
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Corsair » Sun May 01, 2011 10:07 pm

marhjan wrote:I am really wondering if the big initial drop in silver price didn't have to do with knowledge of Bin Laden's death leaking out. Apparantly he has been dead for several hours, White House was just waiting for complete confirmation etc. US Military has his body and did DNA test according to MSNBC. Watching the liberal network tonight for a reason, well a few reasons, I had a bit of an issue with Geraldo Rivera's beaming smile on FoxNews.

Can reporters not be happy about this moment? Can we not take pride that we finally got the man responsible for the deaths of thousands of Americans? Can we stop thinking about smoke and mirrors and politics and just be greatful that we are Americans on this night?
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby 999Ni » Sun May 01, 2011 10:11 pm

it IS a time to celebrate!!
Ron Paul 2012!

999Ni
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Corsair » Sun May 01, 2011 10:13 pm

999Ni wrote:it IS a time to celebrate!!

Amen. Thank you.
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby justj2k78 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:17 pm

I don't know nothing about no silver tonight! WE GOT HIM!!!!
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ffej » Sun May 01, 2011 10:26 pm

hmmmmm, Pope John was just recomened to heaven and Bin Laden to hell both in the same day.
ffej
Penny Sorter Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sun May 01, 2011 10:29 pm

So who is worried about reprisals? And in what form?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby panther » Sun May 01, 2011 10:34 pm

shinnosuke wrote:So who is worried about reprisals? And in what form?

i think we will see some [shucks] go down with regard to him being killed in pakistan - i'm sure the pakistani's will be angry we were doing OPS there.

however, as far as terrorism.. i think OBL was more of a symbol than an actual leader, not sure they would be able to orchestrate an attack/want to use their resources on something barely planned.
panther
Penny Sorter Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals