30,000 oz

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: 30,000 oz

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:32 pm

Txbullion - - Thanks! I will inquire about the escrow company including the silver seller in the deal, if it happens, of course.

Coppercatcher - - It sounds like you know a lot more about this kind of thing than I do. I'll send you PM for further insight. Thank you.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:26 am

if i was buying your domain for 1.5MM, i wouldn't want the hassle of dealing with a third party. dont' jeopardize your payday over a trivial detail you can handle yourself.

you need to talk to a cpa experienced in selling a business to ensure you are taxed at LTCG rates rather than ordinary. you need to know when your fed and state taxes are due - not nec. 4/15.

there are a lot of people who would take your life over 1.5 million in silver - i would not drive around with it in a uhaul. I would find a bullion depository to hold that much.

golden state mint can give you 1 oz rounds for less than a buck but they take several weeks and what if they go bust in the meantime?
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:42 am

Lemon Thrower wrote:if i was buying your domain for 1.5MM, i wouldn't want the hassle of dealing with a third party. dont' jeopardize your payday over a trivial detail you can handle yourself.

you need to talk to a cpa experienced in selling a business to ensure you are taxed at LTCG rates rather than ordinary. you need to know when your fed and state taxes are due - not nec. 4/15.

there are a lot of people who would take your life over 1.5 million in silver - i would not drive around with it in a uhaul. I would find a bullion depository to hold that much.

golden state mint can give you 1 oz rounds for less than a buck but they take several weeks and what if they go bust in the meantime?

Thanks, Lemonthrower - - My uncle is a CPA, I'll be talking with him this weekend. He is a straight-arrow, by-the-book CPA. I can trust his advice completely. I looked into LTCG and this transaction is certainly a long term capital gain. I paid $70.00 for the domain in 1995. The domain has had a heck of a lot better appreciation than silver over those 16 years.

I'm a firm believer that if you don't hold it, you don't own it. I have a good plan for secure storage but IITY,IHTKY....sorry.

The concern you raise about delayed delivery is also a major factor. It raises too much uncertainty.

The 2nd amendment will be working overtime if I drive anywhere with my trusted friends and the Ag . My main concern is if a cop pulls us over and decides to cause trouble. Its a lot safer to kiss a rattlesnake on the lips than to use the 2nd Amendment on a corrupt cop.

I will look into an escrow company that can facilitate the domain transfer and the silver buy. The less money flowing through my bank account, the better.

I got an email last night from the interested party for the domain. He's a broker I negotiated with 2 years ago, but I was asking too much. The deal didn't happen back then, but now he believes he actually has a buyer for the domain. He discussed the deal with his partners yesterday, and they think this potential buyer would pay $2M. The broker wants a 10% commission, and then there is the escrow fee, and probably a few other small fees. So I may net $1.75M or so, if the deal happens at all, of course.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Roadrunner » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:35 am

Hey, what about buying that silver mine? :)
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby geewhzz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:55 pm

is there only one person interested in buying the domain or more than one?
geewhzz

Postby Market Harmony » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:32 pm

PM sent
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby IdahoCopper » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:13 pm

geewhzz wrote:is there only one person interested in buying the domain or more than one?

As far as I can tell, there is only one potential buyer via this broker. Big deals are always a long shot; I'm hopeful but realistic.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:18 pm

Roadrunner wrote:Hey, what about buying that silver mine? :)

I got info last week that one of my own mining claims has a dump site with material worth assaying to see if its worth the effort to bring out. Back in the 1910s to '40s, they focused on the high-grade ore and dumped lesser ore that we would mine and concentrate today.

In the next couple weeks, I'll be going up there again and will post photos here after.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby highroller4321 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:27 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:Thanks for the tips, highroller. The other side has responded and said its highly unlikely that a deal can be made in silver instead of FRNs.

Does anyone think it might be possible for the domain buyer to give their money to the silver seller, and the silver seller give the silver to me?

Perhaps the buyer and I could meet in the silver seller's offices, make the on-line domain transfer happen, and I drive off with the silver. Its only 1800 pounds or so. A U-Haul truck can handle that.

I don't believe that will get around anything either.

Tax lawyer is worth the $500 to sit down and talk to!
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby misteroman » Mon May 02, 2011 3:30 pm

I would just keep quietly buying. I know of one member that has already sold over 100k so far this year alone and could find alot more if needed. why pay the high gouging prices of the online places.
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals