Another Junk Silver Junky

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Another Junk Silver Junky

Postby OX6603 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:46 am

Well thanks guys, you spread your disease and now I'm hooked. :D

I searched my first two boxes of halves last week and I've been getting fidgety waiting for next next orders.

My first box was garbage, or so I thought. Just when I was thinking "what a waste of time," down to my last 4 rolls...

"One of these things is not like the others." I scored a nice shiny '64! Sweet vindication!

A few days later I got my second box, it was a good one, this bank will be my new home if they keep it up.

I got 4 40%ers and 9 proofs.

A quick search tells me the proofs are about $5 each. That sound right?

Pics inbound, sorry
OX6603

Re: Another Junk Silver Junky

Postby Rosco » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:53 am

The Proofs are what you can sell them for You may get $3.00 at a coin club after meeting auction but other wise tough sell for book value.
but Try your local coin shop he may have customers building a set Good Luck.
When I sell the 40 percent I do not get melt at coin shop. :(
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby sparechange » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:34 am

Looks as if you are off to a great start. You can post your finds on Tracking Thread in this forum if you haven't already. You are doing much better than my last several boxes which have been skunks. Silver is out there, keep mining!
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Coppercrazy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:48 pm

dont forget about halves's kid brothers nickel and dime.BEst boxes have yielded 4 to 5 silver content coins and you can get them while you wait for your halves order....not as easy,you gotta be into it or forget it!
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby OX6603 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:32 pm

Coppercrazy wrote:dont forget about halves's kid brothers nickel and dime.BEst boxes have yielded 4 to 5 silver content coins and you can get them while you wait for your halves order....not as easy,you gotta be into it or forget it!

I did a box of dimes and got skunked, probably be a while until I try again. I have penny bank that won't order halves, I might hit them up for dimes. No sense wasting a bank relationship.
OX6603

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals