10 weeks of.......

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

10 weeks of.......

Postby cesariojpn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:16 am

......getting at least one silver dime, dated 1964-D.

Yes, for the last ten weeks, i've been getting in change a 1964-D dime sometime during the week. And thats the only common denominator. Different stores, different times, different circumstances.....the only other significant silver hits i've had is a 1964 Quarter and a 1943-S War Nickel.

I'm just wondering if some idiot dumped a whole roll of 1964-D coins into a Coinstar or at a bank in my area......
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: 10 weeks of.......

Postby rickygee » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:11 am

The only silver I picked up in change in months was last week, how's this for coincidence, a '43 S war nickel.
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Re: 10 weeks of.......

Postby merchoarder » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Wow, that's pretty amazing! Congrats! I don't actually buy rolls to sort for silver but I do search all the coin that goes through the restaurant that I work at. About $20 a week in dimes and $50 a week in quarters. I've found three silver dimes since Christmas and I was happy with that. You seem to have struck a rich vein!
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals