Nice Little Surprise At Bank Today

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Nice Little Surprise At Bank Today

Postby kidman232 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:09 pm

my bank never seems to have any half dollars in it, whether lose in the tellers drawers or rolls in storage. Today I stopped in at a different bank and to my surprise they had 1 roll of half dollars for $10. I bought the roll with limited expectations, but was surprised to find these 3 bad boys in the roll. The roll also had 3 bicentennial kennedys in it. Also none of the half dollars were older than 1974 in the roll.

never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Re: Nice Little Surprise At Bank Today

Postby tn-dave » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:51 pm

great picture of some good looking coins..!!
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Looks just like honest wear. When I'm lucky enough to find a 40 percenter, it's usually discolored, corroded or otherwise damaged. (Perhaps that's why they're still in circulation.) Nice find. Congrats.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:47 am

Know Common Cents wrote:When I'm lucky enough to find a 40 percenter, it's usually discolored, corroded or otherwise damaged.

I was just rolling up my 40% halves yesterday and started setting aside those that looked to be too dirty or worn down as I went along. There weren't too many though. I always figured that most of the 40% halves were pulled from circulation before seeing too many years of use. But the uglier ones that seem to turn up out there, do they go for a steep discount from the spot silver price when it comes time to sell them?
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals