New highs for gold today?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

New highs for gold today?

Postby Market Harmony » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:24 am

It looks like it might be off to the races. Once a new high is established, then PRICE DISCOVERY process is in play. This could take gold well above the $1600 marker very soon.

For those that don't remember, or don't know, you NEED to educate yourself on the price discovery process in any market. This same thing took silver (after it blew through $22) to $49.50 in 6 months. Once $22 was passed, there was no looking back, and ANYONE that tried to short that market got burned badly.

But, be careful also, for if this $1550 level is established as firm price resistance (doubtful), then it could take a long time before prices return to these highs.

This is an interesting time to be,
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Re: New highs for gold today?

Postby Copper Member » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:37 am

hope you're right Mike!!
check me out on facebook Lake's Coin's and Militaria
Copper Member
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:22 am

It could be GOLD will lead this time, SILVER following behind. GOLD all time high of $1565 is within reach. Once above that, $1600 will be easy.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Coppercrazy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:05 am

Anybody understand what happened last night? All PM and Oil markedly down,what just happened?
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:33 am

Bernanke's comments, unemployment woes continuing and this:
http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/112998/greece-oil-currencies-WSJ?mod=bb-budgeting&sec=topStories&pos=7&asset=&ccode=

In other words, the cat's out of the bag, the gig is up, Pandora's box has been opened, Jethro done left the farm and seen the big city, and too many people have been reading the smooth stylings of antidisestablishmentarianism on realcent.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:54 am

Coppercrazy wrote:Anybody understand what happened last night? All PM and Oil markedly down,what just happened?

The sheeple are freaking over the bad economic news and (irrationally) moving to the dollar as their salvation. Something like that has to be expected as a short-term effect. So all commodities are being pounded. And it may happen numerous times as things cycle.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Market Harmony » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 am

Nothing that we have heard today is new news... same old crappy economy and same old worthless paper games.

Did they really expect oil inventories to be low when the prices are jacked up at the pump and nobody has money to afford to use it fruitlessly? Come on, the writing was on the wall! It never ceases to amaze me how media tried to attribute actions to an event or news headline... I guess you need to shake the trees every once in a while.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby Know Common Cents » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:37 am

PMs and oil are getting crushed today. Fundamentals are still the same excepting for some heavy strength in the US dollar. Just another sign of market manipulation, but that also equates to a great buying opportunity.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby zerocd » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:12 am

I bought a big chunk of gold and silver yesterday at the low. (local coin shop. cash only and low, low premiums too)

0CD
zerocd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Coppercrazy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:52 pm

really tempted to visit the local coin shop today....what will happen next week?anybody got a crystal ball?
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Country » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:52 pm

GOLD and SILVER typically perform poorly in the summer. GOLD bottoms late July. SILVER bottoms in mid-August. Both perform nicely starting in September.

I'm waiting until the seasonality is in my favor. We've got another month of the summer before the BUYING time begins. :mrgreen:

The BULL market in PMs is still intact. Naysayers abound during the summer, only to fade away from the BULL in the fall. Don't listen to them....
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:04 pm

Able to buy MS70 graded commemorative $5s and $10s for basically spot, give or take. That's a deal. Enough people must be giving up to allow this. I'm fine with it. :)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:56 am

I was able to pull a little cull 90% off the table a few weeks ago and replace it at the same price (due to the drop) with BU fractional rolls from Westminster Mint. I'm satisfied ;) Image Image I've ordered from them before, they take about three to four weeks if you send a personal check.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:07 am

Always good to trade up for free! Did you get fractional, or the dollars that you showed?
68Camaro

Postby bankmining » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:10 am

68Camaro wrote:Always good to trade up for free! Did you get fractional, or the dollars that you showed?

If you look close, those are fractional (1/2ozt) rounds he's showing ;)
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:04 pm

Well sho nuff! Wow, I like those! Very cool. I just looked them up and bookmarked them.
68Camaro

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals