First Circulation Silver Find!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

First Circulation Silver Find!

Postby JTM3 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:52 pm

I did it! After spending hours last summer sorting through a few hundred dollars of quarters, dimes, and halves, searching for Silver, I've finally pulled my first silver quarter out of the cash register I was using at work today. It's a beautiful 1964-D! My month of register searching has finally payed of. :D
+637 posts
JTM3
Penny Collector Member

Re: First Circulation Silver Find!

Postby avidbrandy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Nice! That's the best way to get em.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby merchoarder » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Congrats! I too am a register searcher. Luckily my boss is cool and I've worked there long enough that he totally trusts me. I search it every day and swap all the coppers as well as .999 Canadian nickels. I find 5-7 coppers a day, maybe 3-4 good Canadian nickels a month and very rarely silver. I've found two silver dimes since Christmas but never found a quarter, that's a good score! About two years ago I got like 20 war nickels that some kid payed with. Keep searching, it all adds up!
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Nokozan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:24 pm

i work at a register also and i get a chance to search my register everyday, i sort the coppers out and give the zinc's back to the customers and sometimes find silver from a quick edge check of the other rolls. i truly love my job because of this. although for nickles i only keep buffalo's and war nick's. i dont bother with the others.
Nokozan
Penny Sorter Member

Postby JTM3 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:12 am

Yes, that's about the extent of my searching, though I should probably get on with memorizing some key or semi-key dates to watch for. I do get quite a bit of copper that I just swap with tip money, though.
+637 posts
JTM3
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals