FINALLY found another pickup bank

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

FINALLY found another pickup bank

Postby reddirtcoins » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:50 pm

It was a long search but I finally found another bank that will order bags of halves for me. They even do not mind if I dump them back as long as I don't do it all at once... What a deal!!! The lady in charge even talked about the person already picking up and said he has already found a good amount of old silver.... I sure hope this works out... YIPPIE!!!
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: FINALLY found another pickup bank

Postby Pennysaved » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Make sure to treat them to some chocolate from time to time

I wouldn't dump where you pick up; you will eventually end up getting them back in your order; it might take a week or two but you probably will.

Maybe try to find a bank that uses another coin carrier service; it will reduce the risk of you getting what you have already searched.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:10 am

Pennysaved wrote:Make sure to treat them to some chocolate from time to time

I wouldn't dump where you pick up; you will eventually end up getting them back in your order; it might take a week or two but you probably will.

Maybe try to find a bank that uses another coin carrier service; it will reduce the risk of you getting what you have already searched.

It really doesn't matter where you dump from the perspective of "getting them back in your own order." Because, no matter where you dump, no matter where you order... someone else has already searched the great majority. Probably several someones. Undoubtedly, there are multiple people searching/asking for rolls, at every branch of every bank. All you are doing is ordering on the hopes that someone recently dumped a few silver coins back into circulation and a few snuck into the rolls you are searching. Just at the branch I order boxes from the tellers say five or six people are asking for rolls all the time. I don't even bother to ask for them, just take my chances on the boxes. I'm lucky, nowadays, if I find one 40% for every other box, still even that is free silver. But if it gets to the point that I'm hitting skunks on 90% of the boxes I'll give it up. :cry:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Pennysaved » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:51 am

Well I have foun idf you use a bank that uses a different carrier that I have a lower your risk of going through halves that I have already sorted.

You can always experiment and mark some of the halves that you turn back in and see how quickly you get them back in a follow up order.

Just sucks to turn in halves and a week and a half later to get the exact same ones back.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby reddirtcoins » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:41 pm

From what I see I had been getting bags from all over the state. I noticed over the years that smaller towns always had better bags then local banks.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals