PMs as Currency - Porcupine Freedom Festival

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

PMs as Currency - Porcupine Freedom Festival

Postby Dr. Cadmium » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:44 pm

I caught this bit about PorcFest on NPR: http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/07/ ... mp?print=1

Has anyone here been to PorcFest? I wouldn't be surprised to find a few Realcent members there. Sounds like fun.
Dr. Cadmium
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: PMs as Currency - Porcupine Freedom Festival

Postby moparal7 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Interesting I didn't think national propaganda radio would air this.
moparal7
Penny Collector Member

Postby cesariojpn » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:27 am

moparal7 wrote:Interesting I didn't think national propaganda radio would air this.

Hey, Car Talk and A Prairie Home Companion are cool!!
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cerulean » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:14 am

moparal7 wrote:Interesting I didn't think national propaganda radio would air this.

I like NPR. My car radio hasn't been tuned away from it in six years. Frankly, there's nothing else worth my attention in broadcast radio. At least, nothing else that will give me *both sides* on a political topic.
Listening is the linchpin of democracy.
Cerulean
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Mossy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:53 am

Cerulean wrote: At least, nothing else that will give me *both sides* on a political topic.

Pardon me while I laugh hysterically.

You might get several sides of an issue from them, but all sides will be on the left, and compatible with an intrusive gov't.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby moparal7 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:05 pm

Mossy wrote:
Cerulean wrote: At least, nothing else that will give me *both sides* on a political topic.

You might get several sides of an issue from them, but all sides will be on the left, and compatible with an intrusive gov't.

Could not have said it better myself.
moparal7
Penny Collector Member

Postby NHsorter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:15 pm

moparal7 wrote:
Mossy wrote:

Could not have said it better myself.

AGREED
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cerulean » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Mossy wrote:

They seem far less slanted than nearly every other radio outfit I've tried to tolerate. I hate it when I only get one side of the story... it feels condescending.

It has been my experience that while NPR's listener base is majority on the left, NPR themselves tries to maintain neutrality. The way I see it, if NPR leans too far to the left, they get defunded by the Republicans. If they lean too far to the right, they get defunded by the Democrats. Thus NPR has a solid interest in appearing as fair to both as possible.
Listening is the linchpin of democracy.
Cerulean
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals