64 kennedys

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

64 kennedys

Postby dan53 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:45 am

I was wondering what people over at the "buy it now" forum were paying for 64 kennedy halves?
dan53
Penny Pincher Member

Re: 64 kennedys

Postby Gamecock » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:00 pm

i'll buy some for $5 each :D
"When a government overvalues one type of money and undervalues another, the undervalued money will leave the country or disappear from circulation into hoards, while the overvalued money will flood into circulation."
Gamecock
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Oakair » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:13 pm

pshh...ill give you 8 ;)
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Since it's a serious question I'll give you a real answer. :)

Of course you could look through recent past BINs to see what the most recent have been offered at. (Doesn't necessarily mean they sold for that, but usually close.)

64 JFKs in AU or BU shape usually bring at least spot melt, plus or minus. coinflation.com will tell you current melt of each coin, if you aren't used to calculating it from spot price.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:48 pm

64 BU Kennedy's are trading between 29 times face----$290 the roll of 20 ----to 32 times face, $320 a roll....these are for brilliant uncirculated's, THIS second.

there were a lot more 64's offered about a year ago, they've kind of dried up.

a lot of 65-71 40% rolls are being offered...try not to pay too much above melt...it wont be a bad coin for trading in the future, the coin has .15 tOz of silver, so just say its a 'fifth of an ounce' when trading....if somebody asks since when, you say, 'since now, trade or no trade?'
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm finding very few 90% when I bank roll search. Ratio is probably between 13:1 and 14:1 forties to nineties.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:41 pm

neilgin1 wrote:...the coin has .15 tOz of silver, so just say its a 'fifth of an ounce''

Hmmm Neil - last I recall, .15 wasn't a fifth...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby justj2k78 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:27 pm

68Camaro wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:...the coin has .15 tOz of silver, so just say its a 'fifth of an ounce''

TRADE OR NO TRADE?!?!?! :lol:
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:26 pm

68Camaro wrote:

He's using Thogey "fuzzy logic." First, you must drink a fifth of your favorite beverage. Then it begins to make more sense. :lol: A fifth equals .15... if you're talking blood alcohol :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:46 pm

i'm just rounding up for trading purposes. by the by, there's a trader offering up rolls of 64 Ken's at Ebay, high open bid, 309, but maybe guys'll stay away......he's also got BIN's on 64 Kennedy's and Franklins that are doable, 321-329.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:49 pm

How did I get dragged into this, you old fart!

You are last one to criticize my math skills.

Everyone knows 1/5 is 750ml or .25!?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby knibloe » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:51 am

Correct me if I am wrong. The post was about 1964 Kennedy Halves which weigh .36 ASW minus wear. I figure 3 of these make an oz.

Also don't the 40% kennedies have .18 ASW minus wear? I generally say 6-7 of these make an ounce
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:12 am

knibloe wrote:Correct me if I am wrong. The post was about 1964 Kennedy Halves which weigh .36 ASW minus wear. I figure 3 of these make an oz.

Also don't the 40% kennedies have .18 ASW minus wear? I generally say 6-7 of these make an ounce

thats why we call it trading; coz in a 20 mile radius around me, grid down, 2 90% Halves make an ounce, and 5 40's make an ounce......the way i see is this, that "missing" .28 in the 2 90's and the missing .25 in the 5 40's...thats my profit, thats the cost for me maintaining "bank" when everyone else was asleep, racking up credit card debt, or buying crap, or just even buying into the whole system of consume consume consume.....and infinite "growth".

We are in for a MASSIVE paradigm shift....i know you're ready, but i really believe its high time metal guys got together and started really gaming out, how this transition TRADES....i'm not talking trading among each other...we know ASW content, i'm talking about how we price out hard money in a real world enviroment, grid down.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:31 am

My 2 cents...

I think basically, eventually, there would just be recognized prices for 90% face. ASW content probably wouldn't get discussed so much, though there would be increased awareness of it, people would be aware that they would be getting shorted to receive slicks, and the smarter merchants would be selling by weight of 90% (effectively ASW, but people would be dealing in 90%).

40% would technically require 2.25x the price but would probably be slightly discounted (perhaps 2.5x, something to make the math easier), so a 40% half would be considered equivalent to 2 90% dimes.

Foreign coin would be handled on a case-by-case basis by ASW, unless enough of something (pesos, Cdn) came out of the woodwork to become commonly traded.

Bullion silver, in my mind, would generally remain uncirculated - would be used for large trades, stored value - and would not get handled day to day.
68Camaro

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:32 pm

68Camaro wrote:My 2 cents...

I think basically, eventually, there would just be recognized prices for 90% face. ASW content probably wouldn't get discussed so much, though there would be increased awareness of it, people would be aware that they would be getting shorted to receive slicks, and the smarter merchants would be selling by weight of 90% (effectively ASW, but people would be dealing in 90%).

40% would technically require 2.25x the price but would probably be slightly discounted (perhaps 2.5x, something to make the math easier), so a 40% half would be considered equivalent to 2 90% dimes.

Foreign coin would be handled on a case-by-case basis by ASW, unless enough of something (pesos, Cdn) came out of the woodwork to become commonly traded.

Bullion silver, in my mind, would generally remain uncirculated - would be used for large trades, stored value - and would not get handled day to day.

And striding in from off stage will come the nickel and the copper penny, hand in hand, to accept their princely crowns of honor and glory in the new economy.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby dan53 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:10 pm

0.36169 ounces of silver in one 90% half. If spot price for silver is 39.2 then 0.36169 X 39.2 = $14.18 which, in terms of dollars is the value of silver in one 90% half.
dan53
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals