Realcenters Stronghold

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Realcenters Stronghold

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Anyone ever mused about the idea of having a fallback shelter, an enclave... whatever you want to call it, that could be utilized as a defensible gathering point/living compound for any realcenters who chose to gravitate there, just in case things got really bad? I, for one, am a loner in my campaign to survive and thrive during whatever may face us in the future. But you really need a team. One well-prepped individual can survive as long as their supplies do... if they aren't overrun by roving mobs going door to door ransacking premises and scavenging food. At least on this forum we have a lot of like-minded (probably libertarian) people who are already pointed in the same direction. I'm just saying... if someone has the assets to buy a large tract of tillable land, with a well and electricity off the grid, it could be a destination if society disintegrates. Read Rawlins Patriots and you'll get more of my gist.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Realcenters Stronghold

Postby Oakair » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:28 pm

Let me know where this ends up being ;)

Im good for some manual labour and some additions to the PM stash, if nothing else...:)

Im 20, have no family to rely on, and no current place to call my own in which to prep...But I can see something coming, and it doesn't look good...I just hope they keep the ski lifts running!!
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby stevkc » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:44 pm

beauanderos wrote:if someone has the assets to buy a large tract of tillable land, with a well and electricity off the grid, it could be a destination if society disintegrates.

So, basically you're looking for a place to crash. Nice of you to offer to live on land provided to you by someone else. I'd offer to bring the tin foil hats, but I'm assuming you've got that covered.
stevkc
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Treetop » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:01 pm

tillable land? how bad might it get? how about purposely seeking out land others are very unlikely to be drawn to, that with the right knowledge you can farm and have water???? thats what I did.

the area where my land is doesnt have official sources of water, but i can deal with that. Lots of places between any population center and my place that are known to have water.

Other interesting details as well. but personally I think this is ideal. Im not wealthy but Ive got all I need and then some. If I had more people I trusted to help do some of the labor my 5 acres could handle a significant amount of folks just fine. After my home is paid off we are going to get another 20 acres, and work on setting up an orchard for future income.... in a different spot then where my land is now. land is pretty cheap here.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:06 pm

beauanderos wrote:Anyone ever mused about the idea of having a fallback shelter, an enclave... whatever you want to call it, that could be utilized as a defensible gathering point/living compound for any realcenters who chose to gravitate there, just in case things got really bad? I, for one, am a loner in my campaign to survive and thrive during whatever may face us in the future. But you really need a team. One well-prepped individual can survive as long as their supplies do... if they aren't overrun by roving mobs going door to door ransacking premises and scavenging food. At least on this forum we have a lot of like-minded (probably libertarian) people who are already pointed in the same direction. I'm just saying... if someone has the assets to buy a large tract of tillable land, with a well and electricity off the grid, it could be a destination if society disintegrates. Read Rawlins Patriots and you'll get more of my gist.

its an idea with powerful merit. i'm in this position now. i know the lay of the land, i've been integrating with many in my community, but and i say this without patronizing, its a life, vastly different from petro world, and many who believe they can handle it,,,not the physical, but the mental part, realize midstream, its not for them. Its stillness, its waking up and just drinking in the world around you. Though i;ve dug the well, 460 feet and have water, i'm still waiting on some of the "boys" to do the plumbing and septic...two months with a hose and an outhouse, and i'm perfectly content. i have all the amenities, stove fridge, freezer, internet phone, elec. But the winters are harsh, which is why all my efforts are geared towards getting the plumbing set, the LP tank and LP generator in, and all the firewood split, cured and ready, and i've never been so serene and at peace in my life, AND i'm NOT in hiding from the world, the county seat, 10 miles away is over 4,000 souls, vibrant and i have made many friends as well as those friends of mine 30 years running.

but it is a commiment and headspace that is total. i know of parcels that might serve such an endeavor, so i stand ready to encourage and help such an ideal....when it gets closer, God willing, maybe a more exclusive forum area can be set, for those who have "bought in", with all the gravitas and intent needed.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:15 pm

stevkc wrote:
beauanderos wrote:if someone has the assets to buy a large tract of tillable land, with a well and electricity off the grid, it could be a destination if society disintegrates.

So, basically you're looking for a place to crash. Nice of you to offer to live on land provided to you by someone else. I'd offer to bring the tin foil hats, but I'm assuming you've got that covered.

that is bull[excrement], how dare you address beauanderos in such a cur like manner? You with 18 posts know NOTHING of this man,and you speak like that. You're lucky on two accounts, first that you can hide behind a laptop with that talk, if i heard it LIVE, we'd have business, and you dont want no business with me, and second , that i am not moderator, coz i'd BOMB YOU off this forum in the next instant.

when your ribs are showing thru your chest, hungry, you will remember this night. You are marked FOE.

dont [fluff] with me.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:15 pm

very good points neil..... very true as well... Two people have come to join me in my endeavors only to leave. nothing even got to hard either. they just didnt like breathing in the world as you say..... wasnt the labor they didnt like either.... i have a thought on that but i will leave it be for now....

I also am set up to help others make the leap as things evolve...
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:17 pm

Treetop wrote:tillable land? how bad might it get? how about purposely seeking out land others are very unlikely to be drawn to, that with the right knowledge you can farm and have water???? thats what I did.

the area where my land is doesnt have official sources of water, but i can deal with that. Lots of places between any population center and my place that are known to have water.

Other interesting details as well. but personally I think this is ideal. Im not wealthy but Ive got all I need and then some. If I had more people I trusted to help do some of the labor my 5 acres could handle a significant amount of folks just fine. After my home is paid off we are going to get another 20 acres, and work on setting up an orchard for future income.... in a different spot then where my land is now. land is pretty cheap here.

you ARE a good man Tree....a valuable collaborator.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:20 pm

Treetop wrote:very good points neil..... very true as well... Two people have come to join me in my endeavors only to leave. nothing even got to hard either. they just didnt like breathing in the world as you say..... wasnt the labor they didnt like either.... i have a thought on that but i will leave it be for now....

I also am set up to help others make the leap as things evolve...

thank you new friend, i feel the same, and i also feel, we are kindred spirits, and thats my heart full of joy. We gonna get thru this, i know this more than ever. i have HOPE, respectfully, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:29 pm

stevkc wrote:

Hey look! Could it be? Do we actually have a Jon Nadler devotee in our midst? :lol: I guess it might be somewhat comforting to be smug enough to assume that our comfortable economic status quo will continue unaffected by all the ills that plague this society, that conditions will never deteriorate, and that we can all go skipping gaily (la la la la la) down the road to financial freedom by hoarding a few coins. I think we've just witnessed the unveiling of Struthio camelus americanus Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Oakair » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:35 pm

I think he simply views his hoarding/collecting as an investment...and hasn't put much thought to the impending collapse beyond it being an irrelevant and illogical possibility...

You would think its better to make friends than enemies in a time like this, but hey...at least he has his silver, right ;)
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby WizardTN » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:47 pm

I think this thread s/b moved off the public forum.
WizardTN
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:26 am

The viewing of Red Dawn should be a pre-requisite for all new RC members before they're able to post.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ardorlan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:00 pm

Treetop wrote:tillable land? how bad might it get? how about purposely seeking out land others are very unlikely to be drawn to, that with the right knowledge you can farm and have water???? thats what I did.

Where are you located?
ardorlan
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals