Apple have more cash than the USA

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Apple have more cash than the USA

Postby Somnophore » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:39 am

Somnophore
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Apple have more cash than the USA

Postby Neckro » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:45 am

Nice, all those hipsters buying that overpriced garbage.. Maybe the Government should sell crap to hipsters too.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:00 am

Neckro wrote:Nice, all those hipsters buying that overpriced garbage.. Maybe the Government should sell crap to hipsters too.

Hey man, it may be overpriced...But Id buy an Apple product over 2 inferior Windows/Microsoft products anyday...
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby natsb88 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:11 pm

As someone who has torn apart and repaired hundreds of laptops, both PC and Mac, I always recommend PCs over Macs. Macs are engineered with aesthetics as the first priority, and as such, durability, repairability, performance, value, and all the other pragmatic qualities suffer greatly. The way Mac products are designed, a minor failure almost always requires the replacement of a major component, which means the already-more-expensive device requires more expensive repairs.

I have found that when asked why they prefer a Mac, most people say they like the operating system better than Windows. Ironically, Apple does almost nothing to protect their operating system from pirating/sharing/copying. Unlike Windows software, the Mac OS doesn't use serial numbers or activation, so there's nothing stopping you from installing it on multiple systems. Apple isn't overly concerned about losing revenue on the OS because they make their money on hardware. New, most Macs sell for close to double the price of a PC with equivalent hardware, and then they sell the replacement parts for nearly double the equivalent PC parts (Mac warranties are also shorter and more restrictive than most PC warranties).

The only Apple product I like is the iPod, and even that has the anchor of iTunes dragging it down...
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Neckro » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:14 pm

A PC isn't purely windows. It's just the OS. and IMO. Win7 is worth every penny. The gear that goes into the PC makes all the difference. I build my own. So I pay a fraction of the typical cost you get from dealers. And there is nothing inferior to PC parts. Apple is basically the same, just re branded over priced parts from a few years back.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby natsb88 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Neckro wrote:A PC isn't purely windows. It's just the OS. and IMO. Win7 is worth every penny. The gear that goes into the PC makes all the difference. I build my own. So I pay a fraction of the typical cost you get from dealers. And there is nothing inferior to PC parts. Apple is basically the same, just re branded over priced parts from a few years back.

I've built about a dozen desktops so far, and they've been a lot more reliable than any of the Dells, Gateways, etc. that I've worked with. Using parts with standard interfaces, instead of cheapo "proprietary" stuff from the big names, also means they're easier to repair when something does go wrong.
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Oakair » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:04 pm

All i know is...I am not mechanically inclined enough to build my own...And have had 4 laptops go down on me over 5 years...all HP and Toshiba...

Ive had my MBP for about a year now, and its still in perfect running shape...

I feel it was worth the extra money, but I may change my mind if this thing doesn't get me through at least the next 5 years
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals