Franklin wanted to know what freebees your banks have?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Franklin wanted to know what freebees your banks have?

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:17 pm

Franklin wanted me to as about what freebees you get. We have banks with cookie days. The CU has free ice cream bars all summer the Fifty-Fifty bars. Pop corn days. We also have free bank shirts coffee beans , coffee cups,water bottles and an umbrella . Also some days they have pizza .
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Franklin wanted to know what freebees your banks have?

Postby anarchir » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:45 pm

I havent really looked but they certainly have coffee, some branches have hotdog cookouts, lollipops, and dog treats for people who bring their dogs to the drive through.
anarchir
Penny Sorter Member

Postby GTOJohn » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:20 am

my pick-up banks do not offer anything, but each of the branches of where i deposit - they have coffee available on a table in the lobby. no food.
GTOJohn
Penny Collector Member

Postby hirbonzig » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:59 am

Free coffee in the lobby and in the summer they have free family outdoor movies.
“Someone’s gonna have to go back and get a sh*t load of dimes.”
hirbonzig
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:14 am

There was a bank in my area giving away lots of money recently to a guy who came in with a mask and a pistol. Ask Franklin if he wants the address.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:19 am

Dog biscuits, dog water, dog collar tags...

My cat wants me to switch banks.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:02 am

shinnosuke wrote:There was a bank in my area giving away lots of money recently to a guy who came in with a mask and a pistol. Ask Franklin if he wants the address.

That happened to us it was the next person in the bank after us see http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4217&hilit=+bank+robber
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:03 am

Morsecode wrote:Dog biscuits, dog water, dog collar tags...

My cat wants me to switch banks.

:lol:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:35 am

henrysmedford wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:There was a bank in my area giving away lots of money recently to a guy who came in with a mask and a pistol. Ask Franklin if he wants the address.

That happened to us it was the next person in the bank after us see http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4217&hilit=+bank+robber

I remember reading that thread. Stay safe, y'all. We spend more time in bank lobbies than the average bear.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby appjoe » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:53 am

1 of my dump banks has free coffee and cookies, and they gave me $20.00 for opening a checking account. ISo they feed me and paid me to dump there. One day I took my 3 year old grandson with me and they gave him a free piggy bank.
appjoe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:19 pm

LOL.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Corsair » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:16 pm

The only freebies any of my banks give are the opportunity to pull copper pennies out for face, and the opportunity to dump in the zincs without any hassles. If my banks are reading this, thank you very much!
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby chris6084 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:29 pm

One of my banks had a cookout for a grand opening. I have also got a couple hundred dollars from opening accounts at various banks over time.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Coffee, candy, cookies and internet.... everytime I pickup I get free taffee...
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:20 pm

aev wrote:Coffee, candy, cookies and internet.... everytime I pickup I get free taffee...

I forgot about internet we look at kitco for PM prices and leave the window open for fun .
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby thaler » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:01 pm

None of the banks around here have Anything free.
thaler
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Oakair » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:11 pm

thaler wrote:None of the banks around here have Anything free.

Same here...

Well, I guess they offer a free air conditioned reprieve from the incessant summer heat...But Im certain they would charge for that if they knew how
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NDFarmer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:57 pm

Coffee, great homemade tasting cookies, candy, pens, tote bags, doggie treats, plus they dispose of my zincers for no charge.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby ed_vantage17 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:06 pm

The only freebies I'm into is all the free cash they give you to open an account with direct deposit. The payroll dept. at work is getting sick of me changing banks every few months, but they haven't said I need to pick one and stick with it (yet).
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CuJoe » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:18 pm

My bank has suckers and dog treats. Both are pretty good, but I prefer the suckers.
CuJoe

Postby fansubs_ca » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:36 am

ed_vantage17 wrote:The only freebies I'm into is all the free cash they give you to open an account with direct deposit. The payroll dept. at work is getting sick of me changing banks every few months, but they haven't said I need to pick one and stick with it (yet).

Enough people get like you and they might change back to checks. ^_^

Funny thing, my work actually gives us a choice of direct deposit or check and I'm one
of the last 12 people to get the physical check (out of betwen 100-200 employees plus
an unknown number of work from home people that are handled though our location).
I like the flexibility of being able to have a physical check that I can decide on the fly
where to cash it. Also if I ever have to change banks again due to fee changes (has
happened before) I can do it quicker if I don't have to run around changing direct
deposits and don't have to worry about keeping accounts open to catch any straglers
that would otherwise get lost in "electronic funds land".

Truthfully if the choice was available I'd perfer cash so I'd be even less dependent on
the banking system. The people in HR probably don't want to pack heat though. ;-)
I remember the time on Patriot Radio News Hour when they mentioned that K-Mart
(at least in the U.S.) was paying their staff in cash as recently as the 1990s.
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Crescendo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:16 pm

A lot of banks have "stuff in the back" that you can ask about. These things range from pens, frisbees, piggy banks, mugs, travel mugs, t-shirts, backpacks, bottle openers, magnets, keychains, coloring books, stress balls and a lot of other random things.
Crescendo
Penny Sorter Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:54 pm

My son Franklin was asking if any new members get any freebies from there banks?
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby everything » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:03 pm

My CU has different crap different days, always cheap suckers for the kids and plastic Chinese junk, for food, usually it's a bake sale, but free coffee and credit card applications every day. The best free thing about the CU to me is that I can dump all my coin at it.

The bank I go to, also has the kiddy suckers and seems to have cookies on Fridays, not sure about other days. I don't go for any of it, not much into speed beans or sugars.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Cookies coffee and popcorn at WF
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Next

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing