Ugly Canadians

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Ugly Canadians

Postby silverhedgehog » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:11 pm

No offense to my Northern neighbors. Being in Buffalo, NY I have found 6.25% of my coppers to be Canadian.
Of late they have been getting to be in worse shape than last year. I have had to start an ugly Canadian bin.
Anyone else sorting out Ugly Canadians and rolling them seperate?
silverhedgehog
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Ugly Canadians

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Aww, don't pick on Canadians like that. They can't help it. It is a genetic condition they inherited from the French colonials. :mrgreen:

I found five in one box over the weekend. That is a lot for my part of the USA. Yes, I put them into their own separate little jar until I have time to come back to them.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:40 pm

I just throw them in with the rest of the uglies. Copper's copper.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:28 pm

TXBullion is Currently Buying Canadian Copper at $3.00 per pound shipped to him!!!! :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Know Common Cents » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Since you're in Buffalo, go to Niagara Falls and sell them grab bag style to the American tourists. We buy anything. If you don't believe it go to a Cracker Barrel restaurant and browse through the items they have for sale.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Gamecock » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:32 pm

"When a government overvalues one type of money and undervalues another, the undervalued money will leave the country or disappear from circulation into hoards, while the overvalued money will flood into circulation."
Gamecock
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TXBullion » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:18 pm

henrysmedford wrote:TXBullion is Currently Buying Canadian Copper at $3.00 per pound shipped to him!!!! :D

Thanks henrysmedford, I also like the ugly ones too and will gladly pay that for them :mrgreen:

Thats a great percentage for you
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby balz » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:21 pm

silverhedgehog wrote:No offense to my Northern neighbors. Being in Buffalo, NY I have found 6.25% of my coppers to be Canadian.
Of late they have been getting to be in worse shape than last year. I have had to start an ugly Canadian bin.
Anyone else sorting out Ugly Canadians and rolling them seperate?

I think I found the answer about this. There was a campaign against cancer and people were invited to donate pennies. It seems people donated ugly, stinky, oxidated, glued coins. In each box where I find those pink rolls, I know that at least 5% of the coins will be ugly.
balz
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing