3 August 2011...its going to be a huge day in Silver.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

3 August 2011...its going to be a huge day in Silver.

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:41 am

right now......0840 CST, we're square at 41 even on the board, up a buck i think.

if she holds, y'know above 41, and close nearer to 42, it means these "guys" have lost their grip on this thing, i'm gonna say 41.75...go out on a limb, and say equities get crushed in the last hour....crushed?.....hmmm, say down 400 on the Dow, maybe more.

let the blood flow. no prisoners. (they have no mercy on us, so...)

(later (3 minutes) edit....41.21...they HAVE lost their grip...good, die! glad i'm still not in the business and running a fund, i'd be screaming into the phone...oh wait, there is no more pit...so i'd be pounding on the keyboard, AND screaming at Exchange AND probably have a heart attack in the next few days...lol)
Last edited by neilgin1 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: 3 August 2011...its going to be a huge day in Silver.

Postby ffej » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:44 am

I like the way you think.....just hoping it doesn't get slapped down for awhile.
ffej
Penny Sorter Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:59 am

ffej wrote:I like the way you think.....just hoping it doesn't get slapped down for awhile.

thanks my bru, but i hate the way i think, what i see, i'm a tortured soul....but i am a good friend.

("bru" is from "Blood Diamond"....i like Leo's "Danny" character...a white warrior with balls in Africa, here, ffej, this for you my bru

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62h0mZ7m8zw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voOuBn8O ... re=related
my kinda guy. )
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:11 am

This guy is flying!

42 should be no problem today
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:36 am

Oakair wrote:This guy is flying!

42 should be no problem today

we close above 42...wait for it, you're going to start hearing the term "parabolic" being bandying back and forth, and when you hear that, and now it'll be stamped on the gold market, "parabolic" means that the Comex is going to start raising margins, you can bank on that.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby ffej » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:38 am

neilgin1 wrote:
ffej wrote:I like the way you think.....just hoping it doesn't get slapped down for awhile.

thanks my bru, but i hate the way i think, what i see, i'm a tortured soul....but i am a good friend.

("bru" is from "Blood Diamond"....i like Leo's "Danny" character...a white warrior with balls in Africa, here, ffej, this for you my bru

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62h0mZ7m8zw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voOuBn8O ... re=related
my kinda guy. )

I think we are both ( as well as a few others ) white ( as in true red white and blue ) warriors in Amercia....
ffej
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:56 am

Doesn't all this make you wonder how crazy the PM markets would've been in the event that NO debt ceiling agreement would've been reached?

It already looks like all bets are off. The phrases "chaos" and "panic buying" may certainly apply here soon.

It also seems to me that premiums on everything from junk silver to ASEs to sterling scrap is rising. Perhaps the tipping point is approaching where demand outstrips supply. Basic economic fundamentals, my friends.

Let the games begin...in earnest.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Margin requirements just went up on silver again.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/its-baaaa ... er-margins
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:41 pm

AGCoinHunter wrote:Margin requirements just went up on silver again.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/its-baaaa ... er-margins

I can't get zerohedge on my computer, but Kitco says nothing about this, neither does the Chicago Mercantile Exchange home page
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Oakair » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:55 pm

"Here we go again...

Aug 03, 2011 10:43 EDT

NOTIFICATION - Margin Increase on Silver Derivatives

In light of recent unprecedented volatility in silver markets, the exchanges that offer trading in silver derivative contracts are increasing the margin requirements on these products. In an effort to adequately address the inherent risk resulting from this volatility, IB is increasing margin requirements on silver derivative contracts to a level exceeding that which the exchanges are implementing.

Please monitor and manage your risk accordingly.

Interactive Brokers Customer Service
h/t Brian"

Thats all it has posted...
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:03 pm

believably unbelievable....i'm laughing...as if that's going to stop the tide. and they're doing it DOWN at 42.

wait till somebody big and sovereign says, "i want the metal" on first notice day, and a passive-agressive letter like the take it or leave $50 FRN's wont suffice.

If Hong Kong plays straight, they'll be trading 250,000 cars a day, with a 500,000 open interest and HONG KONG WILL BE SPOT PRICE.

wave of the future.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Off by 2 cents on silver
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Mossy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Couldn't even guess when they made the announcement.

What else can they do to try to keep it from taking flight?
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals