It finally happened to me

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: It finally happened to me

Postby Pennybug » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Wow... Finding a Morgan in circulation! Forget the silver value... THAT is TRULY a find of GRAND proportions! I'd like to hear one... ONE story... of someone finding a Morgan at a bank in the last... heck... 20 years?... man... that is REAL COOL! Way to go! Yet again another story backing up what I've been saying for a while now... IT"S NOT ABOUT VOLUME! IT'S ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN FIND AT the RIGHT BANK! It's about finding THE RIGHT BANK and using a specific set of... talking skills... which you obviously have! Congrats! That is one for the Realcent hall of fame.
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Postby aloneibreak » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:27 pm

cuag wrote:That is HUGE and those are quite the lookers as well. If it wouldn't raise too many flags, I'd say to heck with chocolate, you need to bring in some pizzas or donuts for those hard working tellers!

id even say heck with pizzas and donuts

you need to be taking those single tellers out on dates ! :lol:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby bankmining » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 pm

When I read the title of your thread, I thought your story would start out "I met this girl..." Kidding aside, fantastic score.
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Thogey wrote:Yes,

Let's git it on!

Thogey, pass the popcorn! :mrgreen:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:54 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:

Let's git it on!

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not going to get into a war of words. RR is a good guy, I know that. I'll be donating one of these dollars to charity come Christmas. That'll be my good deed in thanks for this find.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:57 pm

RR, there is a lot of morality in your post.....and I think your heart is in the right place...Hats off for that......but

A few other points:

Maybe it was a kid getting money his pot dealer will accept. Also, tracking down a kid to give him back coins he didn't want in the first place makes little sense.
Now if you find a wallet in the men's restroom at wal-mart........take it to the service desk. BUT.....if the teller holds 4 silver dollars for you because she knows you like coins.........don't be a ass.......take them.

My teller (a patient and good friend) has explained silver’s value to customers in an attempt to dissuade their deposit only to have the client say things such as, “I don’t like spending them, people give me funny looks, but I want the real money, or I don't care”

So..................Not another thought on this triviality David. They are yours. Savor the moment.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rosco » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:58 pm

I'm happy when i can find IKES to save. D :( id see a peace Dollar at bank in teller tray she said it was already claimed :(
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:59 pm

Rosco wrote:I'm happy when i can find IKES to save. D :( id see a peace Dollar at bank in teller tray she said it was already claimed :(

Rosco-

I've got some Ikes on hand, maybe $50 worth. I'm going past the Post Office tomorrow. They are yours for face + actual shipping. Let me know.

-David
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:59 pm

Corsair wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:

Let's git it on!

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not going to get into a war of words. RR is a good guy, I know that. I'll be donating one of these dollars to charity come Christmas. That'll be my good deed in thanks for this find.

Okay, we are just having fun with ya! Where do you find those little smiley face characters that do funny things, like eating pop-corn?

And once again... congrats on the great find. You got those coins because you took the time to cultivate good relationships.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby RR GUY » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:00 pm

Agreed. There's no percentage in it. We are all here for the same purpose. To help each other build bigger reserves. Corsair youv'e done the right thing by giving one away, and I"ll match you in it.
RR GUY
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:02 pm

RR GUY wrote:Agreed. There's no percentage in it. We are all here for the same purpose. To help each other build bigger reserves. Corsair youv'e done the right thing by giving one away, and I"ll match you in it.

Count me in on it as well :)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Corsair » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
RR GUY wrote:Agreed. There's no percentage in it. We are all here for the same purpose. To help each other build bigger reserves. Corsair youv'e done the right thing by giving one away, and I"ll match you in it.

Count me in on it as well :)

http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7462

It's official, gents.
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
Maybe it was a kid getting money his pot dealer will accept. Also, tracking down a kid to give him back coins he didn't want in the first place makes little sense.

Pshh...Id have gladly given the kid $5 worth of green for 4 silver dollars...Better deal than the bank offers, you cant even smoke their green :?
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:32 pm

That is an amazing find. I have to say though, if it were me and I had decided to give one to salvation army (which is really nice of you, i usually just give them the change in my pocket minus the copper of course) I would NOT give them those exact dollars. Call me sentimental but that is such a neat find, Id rather give away BU morgans or peace dollars over those.

you should see if you can get them graded/authenticated as "bank find" :lol:
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby RR GUY » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Well, money is fungible. If you don't want to part with a particular coin or two for charity, simply give the equivalent value in paper. Silver is money afterall.
RR GUY
Penny Sorter Member

Postby WizardTN » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:39 am

Sooooo .. watcha going to do with those crummy ole clad Ikes?
WizardTN
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Saabman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:36 am

Sweet score!!! WTG!!!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals